1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2010.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Can't believe the Texans came away with a win...they will torch the cowboys...fock

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Texans will lose to the Cowboys.

And I'm a huge Texans fan.

This game is the biggest trap the Texans could fall into. I said that about this past week's game, but now that we're 2-0, and in virtually uncharted territory for this team, I think we'll blow the game this week. The Cowboy's are going to come out looking for the win, and I'm just afraid the Texans will come out flat.

Please surprised me Texans.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I actually think this is the biggest advantage the Texans could fall into. The Cowboys are 0-2 and their confidence is at an all time low. They just got beat at home, and Wade Phillips is an idiot.

The Texans on the other hand, are 2-0 and deserve it. I really think that the vocal leaders will step up (Pollard, Williams, Schaub, Johnson, Ryans, and of course Kubiak) and help the team avoid losing. If the Texans play like they did in the second half against the Redskins then it will be 3-0 for the Texans after last week. Also, the Cowboys are coming HERE. The stadium will be rocking and Texans fans are behind this team 100%. Thats a huge advantage.

Oh and don't forget, Wade Phillips is an idiot.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Field position is the silent killer. With poor field position it takes a good drive just to get a shot at a 35-45 yard field goal, but with descent field position a mediocre drive can net the same or a better shot opportunity. The same goes for touchdowns.

Washington's offense in the 4th quarter: 0 points, 29 yards off of 17 plays in 4 drives, 1 blocked punt. 3 4th quarter drives were for negative gains. Washington had no sucess running the ball and Houston was getting great pressure as noted by Williams sack and the hold call against Washington on Smith. Statistically Washington's offense had crapped out in the 4th quarter.

Good call to give Washington the ball at their own 20 yard line.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Disagree, I thought from the moment the schedule came out that the trap game was yesterday's battle. The Redskins weren't suppose to be any good and being sandwhiched in between two emotionally charged games would lead to a lose, glad I was wrong. NO WAY the Texans come out flat against big brother, if anything, they will come out salviating at the mouth looking to make a huge imprint on the NFL by saying..."WE ARE COMING AND WE WANT BLOOD". They may lose but they wont blow it, the Cowboys are a better team then they are showing right now so a lose wouldn't shock me but it won't be because of coming out flat or not being prepared.

6. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I tend to agree. The one big thing I think that works in the Texans' favor is being at home. I've already weighed in here and said that I think it's a tough, close game, but the Texans will pull off the win: 27-21.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Woops, fixed.

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Kind of curious about what y'all think about this:

One of the big problems we had last year was that we didn't play two strong halves in a game. Last week against the Colts seemed like a step in the right direction, but yesterday looked to be more of the same (aside from the result).

Do you think this team has turned the corner, or are we still vulnerable to playing Jekyll/Hyde in halves of games? Small sample size this year, to be sure, but even with all the positives in the game, it worries me that we may fall into the routine of last year of having a monster half and a very very mediocre one. Of course we can just look at the end result and say they won so no big deal. But...have we really gotten over the Jekyll and Hyde problem that plagued us all last year?

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

the best WR in the game:

[​IMG]

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Honestly I think the two halves thing is overblown a bit. If a team plays two complete halves you get something like week 1 vs the Colts or the Steelers game yesterday or the Colts game last night but how often do teams do that? Just look the Jets/Pats game, The Pats played really well the 1st half and then sucked the 2nd but all credit is being given to the Jets. Looks at the Super Bowl last year, the Colts pretty much controlled the 1st half only to have the Saints turn it around in the 2nd half so it really just depends on who the opponent is and the adjustments you make at the half. If the team was constantly having good 1st halves and sucky 2nds then I'd be worried because no adjustments or the wrong ones where being made.

IF the Texans start putting up two complete havles, though, then you might have a Saints type season and that would be nice too.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Not a chance this is a trap game. We are playing the FREAKIN' COWBOYS! You think the Texans aren't gonna be hyped up for this? It's also on NATIONAL TV. trap games are those you expect to win against a bad team and you let your guard down. the texans want to pulverize and humiliate the Cowboys.

12. Raven

Raven Member

The Texans are different this year. They're not going to pass up the chance to go 3-0, for the first time in team history, while also snuffing out any chance the Cowgirls have of winning a SB. Nope. No way.

The Texans will beat the Cowgirls to start the season 3-0.

And Mario will add to his sack total.

And Andre, Kevin, and Arian will all score a TD.

Book it!

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A part of me wished the Cowboys would've pulled out the Bears game so they wouldn't come in here 0-2. A desperate team, trying to save their season is going to be a dangerous team. Watching the game here in Dallas, I'm worried about how our secondary will hold up against Romo/Miles/Bryant/Williams. Hopefully we can control their running game, and control clock on our end.

Go Texans!!

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's hard for me to gauge the trap games thing, though, not living in Houston. The city SHOULD be going crazy right now for this team. This game SHOULD be the biggest game in franchise history (I think I've heard that about 50% of our games in the past two years). The Texans SHOULD want to come out and absolutely embarrass the Cowboys while establishing themselves as a team to beat in the NFL.

This is the moment this city has been waiting for for 10+ years. This Sunday. Absolutely I think it's a huge game. I hope we just kill the Cowboys.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys will either show up like they did in New Orleans last season. Or, they will roll over. The game is very important to the Cowboys at this point...but our division is so weak that it probably won't make or break our season if we lose unless we let it (probabilities aside). New Orleans probably thought they would easily beat us with their fans behind them...and they got b****slapped.

But, the Cowboys have so many broken parts that fixing them in one week isn't really reality. You will get a strong effort cause the Cowboys know their backs are against the wall. But, that doesn't cure mistake-prone football in itself obviously.

I won't be shocked by the outcome either way. If you'll play your game, then you should win handily. If you come out just expecting victory on a platter, then you could be in for a disappointment.

In the end, the Cowboys will likely be their own worst enemy. It is the one area they truly excel in. It's going to come down to who makes the most plays. And, Cowboys just aren't making enough plays this season so far.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The hell you lumping me in with those 2 chumps?

If the redskins made that 2nd FG, you wouldn't be singing your tune. There was a lot of luck and players making outstanding plays that helped get us the W.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Redskins returned to Zorn-era form. I called it without even watching it. I was watching the play-by-play in the online scoreboard and knew when Washington had a chance to seal it with a FG...they would probably screw it up. And, they did as it was blocked. Hilarious.

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

First of all you cant be a huge texans fan and make the statement "they will lose to the cowboys" (yes that is specific to the cowboys)

Secondly I think the players and coaches know how big it is to beat the cowboys, for the longest time there win against them was the biggest in team history, even in the pre season they def seemed motivated to beat them.

I think the cowboys may want this game mroe than the texans because they are down 0-2 and cant go down 0-3 but I dont think texans will come out flat... i see oakland being more of a trap game if the texans win on sunday.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm still drunk from yesterday, and I have no VOICE. :eek:

That is all.

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

simply awesome.