1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Ravens 9/22/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Ziiing!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They peaked too early.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We started 3-3 a couple of years ago and went on to win the next 7 games in a row....several with our 3rd string QB at the helm.

Not being a homer, just saying even if we start 2-3 the schedule gets a lot easier for the next 6 games after that.

4. conquistador#11

how did that work out for those 2 teams plus the broncos. you people will never get that it's a team sport and the favorites are not the favorites. It's not the 80s and 90s anymore. say hello to parity

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The favorites last season had two quarterbacks who got hot and bullied their way to the Superbowl. Who the **** does Schaub bully?

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

[​IMG]

them chumps better hope they never run into us at home wild card week..

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

9. Raven

Raven Member

Which is why the Texans made sure to replace their special teams' coach during the offseason. I was worried they wouldn't, but it turns out Uncle Bob isn't as clueless as everyone thinks.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think most fan bases over-estimate the impact of the special teams coach.

A lot of it depends on your overall depth... more quality players you have on the roster means better special teams guys (rather than having them starting or playing a number of downs, and you're putting in a real inexperienced backup on the ST squad).

Also depends on your punter, and kicker. Certainly ST has been a sore point around here... but the coaching impact can be overrated (its not as if he's calling different schemes, and purposefully telling his gunners to slip/fall and miss tackles).

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Honestly, I just need the texans to make the playoffs.

Secondly, I need them to beat a few elite teams. (Apparently, ravens are still contenders).
    So we are 0-1. I'd like to be around .500 when that's all said and done against elite teams.

Other elite teams we play are Seahawks, Niners, Pats, Broncos, and might as well throw in the chiefs (we will see about them when we play them). We are already 0-1, so we should win at least 3/5. Heck, I'll be happy if the went 2/5 if they beat Seahawks and broncos.

That's 5 games against "elite" teams.
    Our record is 2-1.
    And we play 8 games against good to bad competition. We should at the very least go 6-2 against them.
    This warrants us to be in the playoffs/wildcard and I'll take it.

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I wouldn't say he gets a lot easier. We still have to play the Colts and Chiefs in that stretch, who could both be better than the 9ers or Ravens. Not saying they are better but those are 2 really good teams. Going into Kansas City and getting a win would surprise me.

I am not one of these fans in complete panic, but the schedule does us no favors this season.

We have problems and we need to fix them, rather be dealing with this stuff now, instead of 3 weeks before the playoffs like last season. Luckily we get Denver and New England at home. Losing to NFC competition will not hurt near as bad as losing to teams inside the division or conference.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Using cups is so Kubiak. Conservative graffiti.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

According to some here, once we beat an elite team (Broncos, Ravens last year) they are no longer elite because we beat them. Or they weren't elite on that particular day, so they don't count. So in essence, we will never beat an elite team. Sorry.

You're probably right. I don't like playing "who beat who" to decide which teams are good this early in the season because you just end up going around in circles.

I will say that I don't think KC is as good as people seem to think. They've beaten the worst team in the league along with 2 of the pathetic NFC East teams. They really don't play anyone until they play us.

And Indy....I know they looked great against the 49ers, but I think the 49ers could struggle to make the playoffs this year. Too bad they can't play GB every week.

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Sounds about right :)