1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah, never say never I guess. Truth is, I'm more likely not to take the points or the ML either one and will likely go the under route at 44 1/2 instead. Seems like the safest bet of them all!

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea that game earlier in the year was a strange game...Texans tight ends were hurt that game and yes the Texans gifted touchdowns that game and played in a way to rely on the patriots rookie QB to make a mistake and he didn't..stupid game planning. Texans run defense sucked that game too.

This game tomorrow "should be different" especially if the Texans can minimize their mistakes this time around it should at least be more competitive than the Vegas spread indeed. DJ Reader...if he can impact the game that'll go far

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think the earlier game this year is an indication of how this game will go. In previous years, the Pats throw quick passes on rub routes underneath and have our linebackers in coverage a lot, Cushing and McKinney can't cover anybody. Then they start hitting Gronk on intermediate stuff and gash the Texans defense with the run. Of course Gronk is out but they have Bennett now and I don't see this game much differently than in year's past. Your pass rush doesn't matter when Brady is throwing quickly. On offense, the Texans will have to run the ball and control the clock which I don't think they'll do because the nature of our run game is little draws and finesse stuff. Osweiler is going to be bamboozled by Belichick's defensive schemes so I think this game gets out of hand by the 2nd quarter and Osweiler stinks until the 4th when the defense starts leaving those huge holes open across the middle for Osweiler to hit the tight ends for meaningless yards in a decided game.

I'll be happy to be wrong but I don't see this team doing much.

5. likestohypeguy

16 point favorites, a line that hasn't moved after thousands of dollars going in on the pats covering, sorry, they still have to go through the formality o PLSYING THE GSME . good luck brady, hope your knee doesn't get got in the first q54.

f. the pats. go texans.

Plowman and Sooty like this.
  6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

PUCK THE FATS

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-sn-nfl-patriots-texans-point-spread-20170113-story.html

Patriots' favored status over Texans reaches rarefied air for gamblers

The only other occasions a playoff spread has been higher were the 1995 Super Bowl, when the San Francisco 49ers covered the 19-point spread with a 49-26 triumph over the San Diego Chargers, and the 1969 Super Bowl, when Joe Namath guaranteed a New York Jets’ victory in the face of their 18-point-underdog status and produced a stunning 16-7 victory over the Baltimore Colts.

its crazy, more than double the money have been put on the Pats and the points and the line has yet to move down. In fact, it moved up to 17 at the MGM lol

8. conquistador#11

see you on the other side

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

So, there's a chance .....

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't understand why people think the Vegas line has anything to do with anything. Unless you're a huge conspiracy theorist, there's no reason to think the two are related.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you, Hank. I think one of the reasons you might do that..our defense....is going to keep us in it.

#211 Plowman, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

well if you are a betting man it matters lol but its fun to talk about. and they don't just pull numbers out their ass, they know what they're talking about. i don't think its suppose to be 100% accurate but its a good gauge.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope y'all Texan clowns have the lube ready cuz you're going to take it up real bad. Texans season is over after today.

It's all Rockets here on.

Peace.

16. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

how long your dry spell been, cuckboy

RocketTOOL and marks0223 like this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

they did it for every team

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If only Brock would come out and guarantee a win...

19. awc713

awc713 Member

It's time. It's time to slay the Bellichick. It's time to put an end to these arrogant and annoying NE fans. Screw them. We're Texans. They call themselves "Patriots", yet Massachusetts has only 3,600 active members in the military. Texas has 119,000 active in the military. It would not surprise me if Houston, on its own, made up more military members than all of Massachusetts. We are the Patriots! We are Texans. Our food is better. Sam Adams is not a craft beer. Our women are more beautiful and far more courteous, and our men are more courageous.

We will win.

20. Buck Turgidson

This stupid ****ing dipshit term cannot go away soon enough.