1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I'm not as confident about this team as I was 5 weeks ago. There was a lot of talk back then about us winning the SB because our offense and defense were so balanced. We were considered the best D in the league. At this point, we may make the AFC Championship game. Not sure beyond that.

On Defense: Jonathan Joseph. It's frustrating that he's still not 100%. Our secondary is just not the same without him. Going into the playoffs, we've lost too many defensive players. With Alan Ball and McCain hurt, it's not getting any better. Our system sucks too. We rely too much on man-man D when everyone knows elite QBs can make you pay by not playing zone. Our pass rush is a sham were it not for Watt's herculean athleticism. I wish Mercilus can quickly develop because we need help asap here.

My hope? IIRC the 2011/2007 Giants lost some games at the end of their season with 35+ points being scored on their D, but they performed very well in the playoffs and won the SB against the Pats.

Good teams keep their cool, even when they have setbacks at the start. Last night, the whole organization panicked too easily and wrote off the game as a loss by the first Q. I'm not sure how you can teach that to coaches and your QB. The D got their act together by the 2nd half, there was still hope. But offense just called it a day at the half.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But on that play, Arian was a check down...he wasn't the first or second option. The safety, gambled and broke his coverage and Schaub didn't anticipate/see that. Schaub forced it and paid the price. Schaub could have actually still completed that pass had he put some more zip on the ball and lead the receiver better...looked like he tried to place the ball perfectly so the WR could catch it and didn't consider the safety coming over.

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Schaub is not have more "zip" to put on the throw....he is what he is...an above average QB with a below average arm

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

Today 11 wins feels like 2 and 2 loses feels like 11-Felt the same after G B but team responded with 6 in a row-We will be back!

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I can see that, tough pill to swallow last night...The game was really hyped and I thought it would have been a better showing, proving the nasayers wrong, but it goes to show you anything can happen. NE is a good team, no doubt. Anyone would kill to be in the Texans position, but wish they played better...Bad calls, bad reads, poor coverage, it was like the Texans of old...

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

For those counting, 6 in a row and we would be CHAMPS!!! I hope Wade is right on with this one!!!

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he doesn't have a great arm, but even with that in mind, he didn't exactly put everything he had on that throw

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Where has Connor Barwin gone? Has anybody seen him?

9. David Stern

David Stern Member

he's been busy closing deals with Shaun Cody....our OLB have been pathetic this season....

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Wade has him running around sniffing Aaron Hernandez's ass crack.

seriously, if Connor is in coverage we're in BIG trouble.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He had a sack......5 weeks ago...

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Can we trade Barwin for Mario Williams?

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Did anyone else notice that it has pretty much been the same people posting the entire season, and come this game, we have all sorts of posters come out of nowhere. Guess that will continue to happen from now to the superbowl? :O

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Seriously though, 82 pages? :O

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh what could have been if we had cap space.

Mario with this psycho Watt would have been too deadly.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

One thing I just realized: it's not just the 2010 Jets who flipped the script on New England come playoff time. Prior to last year's Super Bowl, the last THREE playoff losses for the Pats - January 2011 to the Jets, January 2010 to the Ravens, and February 2008 to the Giants - all came in rematches against teams the Patriots beat in the regular season. There's certainly a precedent for things being different in January.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What, the season didn't end yesterday? I was under the impression that last night's game was win or go home and enjoy the offseason. :confused:

18. conquistador#11

no!!!!! there is nothing to play for anymore. season is over!!! put on your nikes and drink the poison..it's over! I'd rather have this win in the regular season so I can continue to pretend I'm the best fan ever. with this loss, everyone is saying we are pretenders and I can't handle what others think! it's important to me! Fillet of *****, all chapters are closed! god whyyyy?

K bye. Going to go buy a brees jersey now. True qb! what? he is no longer winning and throwing ints? nevermind was never a fan of his anyways.
    How about carolina panther blue? Cam on pace to be greatest of all time! no? no longer? blue wasn't my color anyways.
    Maybe I should bring out my old tony romo jersey I bought five seasons ago?
    :p

Fair weather fans forget the playoffs are a whole different game. You can add the ninja's ex team to that list. Humiliated by a tommyless patriots in the final weeks, in which "experts" were all saying how a certain qb was a joke and needed to retire...team went on to go to the superbowl.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thank You

Rocket River

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Was waiting on somebody to post something like this. This happens more often than we probably think. Revenge and home field are two powerful factors.