1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Panthers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you're being such a clown right now. I really hope you are doing so on purpose.

2. conquistador#11

agreed x 10, people are forgetting the value of a LT, especially the quality of brown. i still think it was a huge strategic mistake to reshuffle the rest of the line for the game. newton has played guard twice in his whole life.

then again, adams must have been looking beyond terrible to cause such a drastic reshuffling of the line.

please get healthy, brown.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I heard this on the radio in the AM.

Who gives an ef if win or lose this week if we are going to lose games 4 and 5?

The Texans can and will get it together and that will be solely dependent on getting healthy on offense.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the idea is that if the team lost this week to the lowly Bucs it would demoralize the team to where they'd lose even more games.

5. sammy

Ok, I get that.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This isn't really a fair statement.

Just like last week some people keep saying : if Hoyer did not "gift" all those TDs to the Chiefs, we can win that game also.

Yeah right.

The O line of course is a problem, but its just part of the problem. Just like Hoyer, he is not a good QB to start with, but just to blame everything on him giving away the game, its just not true.

This is not a very good football team and that's it.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is what we used to say with the Steve Francis Rockets.

We only lost to the Lakers by 5! We're close!

Nah, not really.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry if posted already:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans offensive lineman Jeff Adams has a torn patellar tendon in his knee, according to sources. Season-ending injury</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/646032553820815360">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

AND!! the thing no one is bringing up today is a 3rd play on that drive that was WELL short of the markers, like a yard and half and our entire team FAILED to notice or challenge the spot on that crucial play. Instead it was 1ST DOWN PANTHERS, ho hum, another loss.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not sure how someone on the coaching staff upstairs didnt notice that. It wasnt even remotely close.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Are we tanking for a pick? Was my thought...! :mad:

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Filo' wants to play this year. It would help if he decides to go the "playing football" route but idk if he has it in him.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Came to see if Bobby delivered the Lin Fanesque defense of his boy that we all knew was coming as we watched Mallett and Texans stink it up and I was not disappointed.

Same song different day. bobby is always right, the rest of us are wrong. Well unless you agree with bobby. PFF? Bobby knows more than all those nerds combined.

Bobby, Ryan thanks you.

[​IMG]

Go Texans.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's really a condemnation of this forum that it really does seem like a rational opinion like mine is radical. That said, it's probably just a small but loud group making all of the really stupid "hot takes" today as is often the case.

Anyway, when the crazies here really lose their minds it quickly turns into basically the worst of sports radio opinions.

15. rezdawg

You're basically placing all blame on the OLine, on the RBs, and on the fact that our poor QB had to attempt 58 passes. And that's all true and dandy...our OLine sucked, our RBs had nowhere to run, and we passed the ball a lot.

What you're failing to realize is that even on passing attempts where Mallett had a pocket or time to throw (Mallett was pressured on 16 pass attempts, leaving 42 pass attempts with no pressure)...he was either inaccurate or he checked down or he showed no touch on the ball by firing it 100 mph to a guy 7 yards downfield. In other words, even when the OLine was not an issue, he failed to come through. And even on those 16 attempts where he was pressured, he completed ZERO passes. That's about as bad as it can get.

He was easily awarded worst QB of the week by PFF.

And by the way, Adrian Peterson scored the worst at RB in week 2...since you were so quick to give the Vikings running game so much credit for bringing home the W.

#1215 rezdawg, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  16. sammy

You have to take into account that the defense had to show zero respect to the running game. You've heard "run to set up the pass" and vice-versa. It's a lot easier when the defense knows what you're doing (1 dimensional).

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm placing blame where it's due. I know you don't think for yourself and you let PFF give you your opinion, but there were real, legitimate factors to take into consideration. IMO PFF does a poor job of this on occasion.

Honestly you shouldn't even bother posting if you aren't going to add any actual thoughts of your own, we can all see what PFF writes.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

PFF hasn't told him to take that into account, or they told him they already did so you can't really expect him to understand things like that or how they could have had an effect on the game.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We have a MOF.

20. rezdawg

Nope, PFF verified what I saw on the field yesterday. Again, inaccurate...no touch...

Solid arm strength though!