1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Packers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably not after he plays really well like he did today....

In reality, it won't happen till next season at the earliest, even if he plays poorly.

2. Buck Turgidson

God bless you man, but I don't understand how you keep throwing this out there. They've got guys on IR and the 3rd string guys on the field can't hang with real NFL offenses for 4 quarters. We know this. They can't be asked to win the ****ing games by themselves. Shouldn't the O, especially the QB, pick those guys up sometime this year. At least once?

eta: how is the coach helping?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The O line is in a similar shape and like I said, Osweiler played as well as Aaron Rodgers despite all the drops and basically no one helping him out at all.....and then the defense kept leading guys like Jordy Nelson wide open standing in the end zone. I don't care who you are missing, there's no excuse in that.

Blaming this game on Osweiler is.....well, there's not a polite way of saying it.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, no one is coming back if their defense just keeps letting the other team score every time they get the ball in the 4th quarter. At some point the defense has to do their job, or there's just no way you can win.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Shots at Nuk?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nuk wasn't the only player to drop passes that hit him in the hands and hurt the team unfortunately.

7. Buck Turgidson

He got no help, we established that yet again, but continually blaming the defense is silly. Are they supposed to score the TDs too?

And again: are the coaches helping?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They gave up 2 REALLY easy TD's in the 4th quarter, killing all chance of winning the game....how do you not blame them for that? I mean, it wasn't like the Packers were making really good plays, the defense was just leaving guys wide open and they were playing catch. In fact, without that implosion in the 4th, the Texans likely win the game.

The offense can't get you back in it if you give up a TD every time the other team gets the ball.

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Osweiler had a good game today, maybe one of his best of the season despite the rough conditions so I will give him credit for that. Still, the offense could only manage 13 points against a lousy defense so that's not going to get her done. Not happy about the Hopkins play lately, either. Seems like this dude has taken the year off and somehow avoids a lot of the blame, well I blame him too man. The offense as a whole, just has not been very good. Can't sustain drives, can't score TD's in the redzone, costly turnovers (albeit not today), they just look very uncoordinated in general for most of this season.

Osweiler has to shoulder some of this blame because he's the QB, I think coaching too, the WR's and I would blame the OL if there was actually one there to blame.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Where's the "at least keep it close" crowd? At least the Texans aren't getting blown out huh?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

John McClain is the man, lmao! Always keeps it real.

12. Buck Turgidson

NO, dammit, nobody is absolving the D for anything. But...just hear me out...shouldn't the offense score points? You know, at some point in the game, any game, and not be the damn near ****ing worst scoring offense in the NFL? And shouldn't the QB help make that happen? Just once, try. I don't think the Texans scoring 35 points someday against someone is too much to ask. Hell, they haven't scored more than 27, and that was against Tenn and one of those TDs was a ****ing punt return.

But the defense is the main problem. Carry on.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans weren't shut out......so you can't say they have to score points, they did score points, it just wasn't enough because their defense was a joke in the 4th quarter. I know the popular thing to do right now is blame Osweiler for everything, and you can feel free to join in if you like, it's just not accurate.....and nothing is going to make it accurate.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The Packers aren't that good this year, but they have experience at winning. Even if your A game is better than their A game, if you don't bring it they will beat you.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The offense is going to explode alright. Nuke is going to rip Osweiler a new a-hole on the field just like Andre did Schaub.

J.R. likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...Nuk has no reason to be upset with ANYONE given how poorly he's played this season. What's he gonna do, get upset that Osweiler keeps bouncing passes off of his hands?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

That's a really low, really low, bar. What other franchise would (other than Cleveland) tolerate that as acceptable?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Until the Texans defense decided to just stop covering WR's at all the Packers had 7 points total. Given the conditions, it's not asking much for it to be a low scoring game....yet the Texans defense has held teams to under 20 points only once since JJ Watt went down. I mean, think about that.

Now they've scored 20 or more several times since then, but the defense is just garbage....not that it's unexpected given all the injuries but given how the team is built, you aren't going to win many games if the defense is mediocre to poor.

19. Buck Turgidson

20. Buck Turgidson

I have no idea, so I'm asking, what's the avg score of an NFL game?

I guess to rephrase: if you have the worst offense in the NFL, your defense should be oldschool Tampa-Baltimore level if you want to be any good, right?