1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Packers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brock only fan.

BOF.

Pathetic fan.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just have this feeling Matt Schaubs team passing records will safely stand for the next 20 years. thats how incompetent the FO is.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Brock Only Offense Fan.

BOOF

ramotadab likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was the king of the dink and dunk. He threw for fewer yards per attempt than Osweiler this year and completed fewer of them for fewer yards per game than Osweiler. He did look like he sucked.

Anyway, I feel like if I have to explain these kinds of things then there's really no point in doing so, it'll clearly fall on deaf ears.

6. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I think they'll go 7-9 finishing behind both the Titans and Colts. Only team I doubt they lose to is the Jags. Wait until next year as always. This is the first year I've stopped watching games. I adore the Texans but they're just too ugly/cringeworthy at the moment and there has been zero offensive progression in BOB's three years. They have zero identity and the injuries seemingly pile up every week. My Sundays are a whole lot more relaxing now. Hoping for some major changes in the offseason management and personnel wise but I doubt it. The draft and free agency always pull me back in unfortunately.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a lot of ways, Carr was MORE incompetent as a rookie, and he didn't have the problems that Osweiler has faced with a garbage O line and receivers actively causing interceptions and killing drives with dropped pass after dropped pass.

8. conquistador#11

Oh'brian is using battle more than Lt. General kubiak did that should also serve as motivator, to lead your kids into victory in battle after so many local pundits ridiculed him.

Filo looking pretty bad ass knocking defenders over.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like a man that's tired of playing with worthless qbs. Fitz is the best qb to ever throw him a pass. Let that sink in.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's not doing his job very well. He's not getting open, and he took points off the board by allowing a pass to bounce off his hands that would have been a first down near the red zone. If he's frustrated, good. Everyone should be frustrated at his poor play this season.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you think that is? Do you think Hopkins isn't getting coached good enough? Is it the routes they draw up? Maybe all the teams have caught on to our typical routes. Guys did drop passes today, which kills us. I don't think every team has such great cornerbacks that Hopkins can't get open enough to make a play. The problem is you get a warped perspective watching the games on TV and I can't ever see what the receivers are doing or if they are open. I hate that the camera just zooms in on the QB until he throws the ball. So, not really knowing, I don't know if there are opportunities missed by Osweiller or not, but it just seems like he must not be doing what many other quarterbacks find a way to do, even with great coverage.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Personally I think it's because he had the one season where he finally became a top tier WR and I think he let it go to his head. The same thing happened to the Rockets after the 94 championship which is part of the reason why they struggled so much for a lot of the next season leading to roster changes.

I think he wasn't as hungry during the off-season like he was in past seasons and spent too much time and energy on other things outside of football. On top of that, I think he's still a bit upset that he didn't get a new deal.

Even more, he was never any good at timing routes, and they've used them a ton this season to try and get him the ball because he's not getting open and those have ended really poorly far too often.

Hopefully this poor season wakes him up and he comes back better next season.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

But he had his best season with Hoyer and Crew throwing him the ball.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He is having a down year for sure. But he never gotten good seperation. The past quarterbacks we had, ball placement to him,have been much better than Brock's ball placement.

#774 Htownballer38, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not really, just different types of throws. They weren't timing routes, they were throwing a pass up for grabs (when he still cared enough to fight for passes) and hitting him when he was open. Are you really arguing that Mallett was just hyper accurate? He was pretty much the best when it comes to getting the ball to Nuk.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

YPA
    Carr 2002 - 5.84
    Brock 2016 - 5.77

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Carr's was 5.5 according to pro football reference. Osweiler's is 5.8 according to the same site.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I used ESPN. But PFR shows Carr at 5.8 for me. And they obviously round up/down. Doesn't matter. Just nitpicking.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You might want to double check though, PFR shows Osweiler at 5.8 and Carr at 5.5 unless somehow it's showing different numbers for you than it's showing for me.....which would be weird.

Either way though, they are comparable.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This game was so whack...The line...-7.5 Packers... Final score 21-13...Just think about how sketchy that is...