1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Colin's top AFC teams:
    1. Patriots
    2. Chiefs
    3. Colts
    4. Chargers
    5. Steelers
    6. Browns
    7. Texans (Like Bill O'Brien, like a lot of their parts; OL is a disaster; can we upgrade the OL? I like a lot of components here. Can't be a great team with an atrocious OL. It's the worst in the league. Watson is the kind of QB who can mask some of that but took too many hits last year.)
    8. Ravens
    9. Jets
    10. Broncos

Nimo likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Dude, you're about to get on my ignore list.
    I'm the guy that has been saying the Texans are still going to win the division. I'm the guy who hasn't been upset; I expected this inactivity and I'm not surprised. And the comment you quoted talks about all fans and all owners (yes I used the Texans as an example), why in the world would you think I want to go to a cowboys site???

Ironically, I don't even know the name of the cowboys fan website; but you did :rolleyes:

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would actually put the Texans above the Steelers and the Titans above the Broncos. Not sure what to think of the Jets.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I'm happy the Texans were able to save 8 million (and get better in coverage and get a little faster and get a little younger and possibly pick up a 3rd rd compensatory pick in 2020). That 8 mill can be used on getting another starter this off-season or rolling it over to next season to pay Will Fuller or another free agent. Besides NFL teams have to spend at least 89% of the cap...so it's not like the Texans get to hoard all that money.

I don't judge what any player makes my only concern is how the spending affects the product on the field.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Getting better in coverage is arguably ATM - Joseph vs Joseph, Colvin vs Colvin, CB Kareem vs Roby, Gipson vs Reid (not sure which of them will have to move down to play SS) - but I'll give you that the secondary is better outside of the FS position. Plus I would like to see what they do with the extra $8 million before I call it a win.

whag00 likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The fact that you dont already have him there is beyond me. Dood is an obnoxious idiot.

whag00, adw and Nimo like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Son of a ***

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This would have been good for the Texans.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What are some FA CBs left?

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I like Gipson vs tight ends especially after reading what he did and against Gronk, Ertz and Ebron and I like Roby's speed vs Hilton. Hopefully that translates to success.

Nimo likes this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

donkeypunch likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Darby
    Ronald Darby (25) Jason Verrett (27) Bryce Callahan (27) Bashaud Breeland (27)

17. Fantasma Negro

Yeah it's looking more and more like Davenport and Henderson will man the tackle positions. Draft rumors say Hokenson will be the pick. Adding TJ Hockenson is like having another o lineman, excellent blocker, can pick up olbs and defensive ends to take pressure off the tackles. Guard play will be the biggest issue

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

EJ Gaines is a FA. Most ppl here wanted him.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

He did very well against Gronk and Ertz, not so much Ebron. The Texans actually defended Ebron better than the Jags did last season. Also when the Jags played the Eagles, Wentz was the QB and Ertz wasn't targeted as much or as much of the game plan compared to when Foles was in. I agree that Gipson will be fine and I think it will translate to success in the passing game. Not sure what the run defense will look like without a true SS.

raining threes likes this.
  20. raining threes

You have to overspend after neglecting the OL for the last three years. Maybe just overspend on a couple of guys to fill needs. I would've signed Brown and drafted a young guy that can start out at RT and if Brown busts in yr one, then you move the young guy to LT. Dillard/Cajuste/Little would do. I also would draft a guy like Lindstrom or Bradbury to improve the iol positions.

Bottom line is they didn't do everything possible to protect DW4 again this yr and they may not get as lucky with Watson's health as they did last yr. After seeing what they did in FA drafting another QB to replace an injured DW4 becomes a high priority. I wanted Taylor but he's now gone to the Chargers.

vinsensual likes this.