1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. conquistador#11

If My math is correct, and Brady plays another 16 years, that means there will be around 7 or 8 seasons where watson and mahomes can take turns going to the super bowl.

[​IMG]

2. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

These are two good moves. I think this is the likely scenario with Smith being significantly more likely than Brown. Cajuste I would be disappointed with. Risner and possibly Little and Dillard may be gone before pick 23 so we may have to go that route. More tackles than expected will go in the 1st this year. There will be a run on tackles in the teens and the texans will have to decide between desperate needs at corner and tackle or best player available which will be a pass rusher. My personal opinion, if Risner, Little, Ford, Greedy, Byron, Taylor, Dillard are off the board, trade back. Go quantity over quality at that point. But they like Julian Love from Notre Dame so that may be the pick regardless. Will have to see

3. raining threes

I would trade up into the Teens for an OT in this scenario.

They like Love alot?

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I really dont get it, in the coaching department, how Texans didnt make any move, KC, were very close to get to Super Bowl, and still fired the DC, the Cowboys won a playoff game, and they fired the OC, the Texans got embarrassed, in the playoffs, but they are not still hiring an OC, it gets me frustrated.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bass-ackwards organization.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't disagree with you. Like, at all. BUT... Houston's offense was better than Dallas' offense and Kansas City's defense. The Cowboys scored 63 fewer points than the Texans despite having a significantly better run game and pass protection, and the Chiefs were 1 of only 5 AFC teams (Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Bengals) to surrender 400+ points.

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

looks like the texans are sticking with all there superb coaches, no changes :).. get ready for the season boys, looks like this organization is settling on staying a 1 and done in the playoffs .

ryano2009 and Pringles like this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would like to see the Cowboys stat post-Amari. The Chiefs defense looked even worse because the offense was scoring so much and so fast. I think the difference is both organizations had "scape goat" coordinators. The Texans dont have one on offense to fire. I mean,they could replace Mike Devlin but that would make too much sense.

red5rocket and Pringles like this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Bruh this organization is beyond hilarious, the front office is delusional or maybe they aren't and they are happy with mediocrity. Teams who finished with better records and went beyond in the playoffs have made changes, but this team are so adamant about doing any ****ing move and the entire coaching staff suck

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

am dead

:D:D

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

:Sauces: Watson to add muscle mass in off season

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Gaine we trust

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why is Deandre having his brother Denard do all the talking?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Two quick things this morning from the radio.
    1. Watson was completely transparent that early in the year he was looking for the big play too often. It directly effected his play and INTs. When he stopped trying to hit them so frequently, his INTs went away. He specifically said there was a point in the year where he was watching film with OB and he realized what he was doing. From then forward, he made a point to limit his deep shots.

2. LZ repeated again this morning that someone with the Texans told him they will not draft any DB who "might be catastrophically injured" any time he makes a tackle. LZ’s translation is no more slightly built CBs. My translation: this team is done with KJo.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Trade up for Greedy Williams

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Drug dealer?

csj, coachbadlee and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. conquistador#11

y'all can make all the over training jokes you want but cush with 2 knees and a bloody nose was always awesome.

csj and houstonstime like this.