1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

Damn, Hop has no real guaranteed money after this season.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hop deserves huge money.

Non diva

Performs like the best and is an Ironman.

The Texans need to take care of him like they did JJ

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uhhhh........okay.

Anyway, my biggest problem with the offseason so far is not so much the FA's we signed or didn't sign, but the ones we re-signed. Especially the guys on the D line. How does re-signing Joel Heath, Angelo Blackston and Brandon Dunn help our struggling pass rush? Those 3 guys are pretty much just carbon copies of each other and none really bring anything to the table as far as a pass ruch, so why bother resigning them at all? Could that money be better used to bring in someone who can actually provide a little pressure up the middle?

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Depth; competition. And they probably do more than we realize, in terms of tying up blockers and in the run game.

Fans need to stop worrying about roster slots 35-54; those are interchangeable parts and if we're counting on any of them, something bad has happened.

6. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

They already did. They made him the highest paid receiver in the NFL 1.5 years ago and extended him thru 2022

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Only thing they can really do is give him more guaranteed money, which they should do after the coming season.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Of course

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Bout to get ugly

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...g-Who-will-call-plays-for-Texans-13708894.php

Q: Who do you think will call the plays this season — the new offensive coordinator or Bill O'Brien? — Tony V.

A: O'Brien. Tim Kelly has been involved in the game plan for the last several years, Tony, and he'll continue to work closely with O'Brien. I believe OB will turn over the play-calling duties to Kelly in 2020 after he's had a year of experience as an offensive coordinator.

Q: What veteran lineman are we aiming for? — Deshaun G.

A: They checked out Donald Penn, but I don't see them signing him, Deshaun. He'll be 36 and coming off a major injury. They brought in Jordan Mills, who started for Buffalo the last three years. He's a right tackle, not a left tackle. If they sign him, he'll compete with Seantrel Henderson for the starting job on the right side. They still need to sign a veteran left tackle.

Q: Would RG3 have worked as a back-up to Deshaun Watson? — Andrew L.

A: I think he would have, Andrew, but I'm a Baylor grad, and I'm biased. The Texans weren't interested in him. They never have been. They signed A.J. McCarron to back up Deshaun Watson. The next day, RG3 re-signed with Baltimore, a two-year deal, to continue backing up Lamar Jackson. I think Baltimore is the ideal place for him.

Q: In-N-Out or Whataburger? — Juan Carlos M.

A: Whataburger, Juan. I'm a Texan! I like In-N-Out cheeseburgers a lot, but I think their fries are overrated. I know those are fightin' words to my friends in the Los Angeles area, but it's what I believe. Way overrated!

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I wonder what the overlap is between those who always b**** about the Texans’ offseason and how every other team is passing them up, and the ones who complain every week about how they should have won if not for the coach? Something tells me it’s not insignificant.

Hey Now! likes this.
  15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

No one has anything to say about this.....I’m shocked

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. raining threes

They are afraid to make moves

Brown and Nsekhe are two . I'm thinking about DW4 and protecting him. Bradley Roby, LMAO

They aren't the 2018 Astros and they won't spend the cash like CRane did to get Verlander so they have a chance to become the 2017 Astros either.

18. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Take this with a grain of salt: Texans and Donald Penn are still in talks. Dont know if it means anything but the conversation hasnt ended. Im unsure what they are asking on Penn's end but I had heard he wants a starting job. Left tackle. Texans seem to be a little more aware than I previously had thought that Davenport was going to be a rough situation for Deshaun to deal with going forward. Maybe I am wrong. Who knows. Just thought I would share. K bye.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think they would like to wait to see what they can get in the draft.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I would be surprised if either won. Andy Reid coached teams just can't get over the hump.

No Worries and raining threes like this.