1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But it is true there is only one winner and the rest are In fact losers.

You seem like the type to give out participation trophies.

The chiefs are the superior team so you say well I think we will kick their asses in arrowhead this year.

And you bring up the fact we only put up 7 points against the colts in our playoff lost....

Well what about everybody’s darling team the rams what did they score in the SUPERBOWL?

You know the high scoring high flying innovative offense that score at will and this hoopla with the offensive genius mastermind brainiac coach.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So u are saying that u r fine being blown out every single playoffs under an incompetent coach? I would at least like to see the team I support, have a decent chance of doing something and going far in playoffs. Sure there is only one winner and the rest are losers, but that doesn't mean I want to associated the texans with sht team that's going nowhere like the raiders, 49ers or lions. Under BOB, we are basically no better than those team, I have no faith that we can do anything in playoffs.

U seem the type of fan that r happy the Texans got to "participate" in the playoffs, I was fking digusted with our performance under the leadership of BOB, 9 straight wins? who the fk cares if u get bounce out in the first round with 7 measly points.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not this has anything to do with anything but remember when Alex & Andy beat the Bob O'Briens 30-0. ;)

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't understand why some of you posters would blindly defend BoB when he consistently let us down, especially in playoffs. If we aren't solid enough to compete might as well fking tank and try to get better, so fking pointless to go "participate" in the playoffs to get blown out and embarrassed on national tv.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U call out that BoB is sht, the BOB defenders will bring up "9 straight wins", you counter fking "score 7 measly ponts w/ Watson and Hopkins in playoffs", they will simply say offense is overrated and there's only one winner in the playoffs anyways.

No reasoning with some of these people on how shtty BoB is as a coach.
    That in house hiring of an offensive coordinator is a joke.

red5rocket and coachbadlee like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Imagine how rams and chiefs fans feel...best offense all year scoring 50 points a game to only put up 3 in the Super Bowl damn they should fire McVay

No Worries likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When was that again? And did that same Alex and Andy team win the whole thing that year? If not then it was all for nothing.

Hey Now! likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

They at least gave their fans hope that the team can go far? R u telling me BoB inspire the same confidence? 5 years of mediocrity, I guess u r happy with another one.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB defenders will defend him to the end.

red5rocket and Texanstradamus like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do we really have BOFs on here?

couple of d's and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

#2291 Nimo, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  12. Texanstradamus

Bill O’Brien era O-line have gotten worse each season it doesn’t even make sense

13. Texanstradamus

O’Brien has some of the worst playoff showing in nfl history and they are home games I don’t know how this guy still has a job his only playoff win came against Connor freaking cook. In 2 home playoff games he has a total of 7 points like how does he not have teams prepared to the point the game is over before it starts.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Texanstradamus

Afc title game is some where we never been so Atleast give context when you say “one playoff win” and it was over luck not Connor cook

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Obrine ain't dine with the line in H-tine!

J.R. likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Once the playoffs start, I think every team - save the Patriots, obviously - has roughly the same chance. The playoffs are not necessarily, and certainly not entirely, about superiority. The Chiefs lost, at home, to the Titans last year. Let's not pretend postseasons break in line with the regular season.

ETA: I have a tremendous amount of confidence in Deshaun Watson, too.

#2296 Hey Now!, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Hey Now!

When's the parade?

Because I think 64 quarters is a much better representative sample size than the four random ones you're choosing to cling to. It's really not that difficult: 64 > 4.

You can't win a Super Bowl if you don't first make the playoffs. No, it's true - I looked it up, and everything.

Don't take making the playoffs for granted.

I'm not defending BOB; haven't even mentioned him. This is a discussion about the Texans' offseason.

I would not. The Browns are clearly in a tier below the Texans.

Awesome!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Awesome; I can't wait until they unveil the banner this year...

Chiefs are 1-2 the past two postseasons with both losses at home, one to a team that promptly fired their head coach. Again, perception is meaningless.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You seem to be equating winning a conference championship (Rams) with getting blown out at home in the 1st round of the playoffs (Texans). Is that really what you're trying to say??

You know....no football team from Houston has been to a conference championship game in 40 years.

To some of us....that's just a little frustrating.To others, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

So yeah....I'll take a) a Superbowl appearance over b) yet another blowout at home in the Wildcard every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

A city/team should average a Super Bowl Champion only once every 32 years and conference championship every 16 years. If a couple of organizations win four five or six, that means not playing in a championship game in 40 years is not unexpected.