1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hopefully he can beat his cancer.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is really the first year in which Im sad that the season has ended. I dont want to stop talking Texans. Dammit.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We should be the ones talking about whooping the Bengals...This Fall is going to be exciting!

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Which is as much of a sign of "progress" as anything.

Its one thing to be constantly dissapointed by a team's performance.

Its another thing entirely to have real expecations of a team, be impressed by a team, only to be dissapointed in the end.

The latter leads to the development of real hardcore fans, as well as the multitudes of bandwagoners.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/7972/afc-south-in-2010-strength-of-schedule

Texans #1 in Strength of Schedule for 2010.

Looks like they blew a golden opportunity to make the playoffs this year and it will be tough sledding next year.

Although this is largely based on the division they play in (it's no coincidence that the Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks are bottom 3, either), but the NFC East is a tough division to draw next year too.

8. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I know I may be in the minority here, but I'm excited about the level of competition they'll have week in and week out. The only way to be the best is to beat the best.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, to quote the greatest wrestler who ever lived: "To be the man, you've got to beat the man!"

Whoooooo!

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Mitsuharu Misawa said that?

11. msn

msn Member

I'm with you jb.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think I'd give my left nut for a ticket to the Cowboys game.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

GF gave me a choice, lower bowl tix to the Rockets and Spurs game on the 26th of Feb.....

Or Opening night at Reliant next season.....Thinking I'm going to take the latter....

Texans have won me over as my fav team from Houston.....

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Good choice...Rockets are a good team, but they will play 40 more games at home.

Texans are the real up and coming team of the city...any chance to catch a game and you should go for it, opening game nonetheless.

Lucky b*stard.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:) never been to reliant yet either. Can't wait!

16. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

You'll love it. Great atmosphere. IMO, they need to turn the music up a bit during pre-game, but other than that I have no complaints about the gameday experience at Reliant.

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The Nature Boy, Rick Flair said that.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You could at least spell his name right.

19. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

on a side note : isnt it funny that the colts have our number, yet they cold be facing us instead of jets, they laid to to the jets, costing them a perfect season, yet they didnt relize at the time they were letting a MONSTER(jets) into the playoffs instead of the texans,....wouldnt it be sweet if the jets beat the colts ??? the colts will be kicking themselves....just in 1 half of football they lost a chance at 16-0 and they let the jets win the super bowl and they lost out on super bowl

i bet 99.999999 of colts fans would rather face the texans this week instead of jets...god the colt management is stupid...i saw this coming that game and yet all the players and coaches on the sidelines of colts had that dom capers blank look

even painter had that wide eyed deer in headlights blank stare at the sky while his team was being destroyed in the second half against jets

i couldnt beleive it. it might take me YEARS to get over it. this was our year. if we dont make playoffs for another 5 years i will still be complaining and b****ing in 2014 about the colts laying down in 2009

20. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

i meant laid down to the jets...not laid to to the jets..i wish i could edit.