1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

TRAINING CAMP PRACTICE REPORT: DAY 17

June breaks forearm: Linebacker Cato June broke his forearm this morning and will not play Saturday against the Saints. His status is undetermined beyond that.

June discussed the injury on his Twitter page after practice:

"Tough day today.. Broke my forearm.. Going into surgery later this afternoon to get a plate put in.. A setback is a setup to comeback!!"

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

4. conquistador#11

I heard someone say that one of the fights started because the saints did not like our completely legal blocks.
    does our blocking scheme tick defences that much? If so, is that why they cheap shot schaub?

F the saints, F the chargers, F the vikings, F the titans.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defensive players feel that they are dangerous, potentially causing torn ACL's and other severe knee injuries.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's not like we were executing low blocks in practice, that can't be why the fights started. I can guarantee you nobody threw any cut blocks in these two days.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So the Texans offense (O line I guess) are or have been throwing legal, yet dangerous blocks? Or are we talking about something like when Trent Green threw the low block on Johnson and got the concussion?

8. ILoveTheRockets

The Texans been acting like a bunch of Jackasses.

And Shockey took Demeco down like a little girl... Demeco would get his teeth knocked out if were 1 on 1 with Shockey and him..

And about the cheap shot to Schaub, i guess tackling is cheap shots now... grow the hell up little boy.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Uhhh, might wanna watch it again, Cap'n. Pretty much everybody, including the national media, thinks Demeco spanked Shockey.

Someone must not have told Shockey he is a total washed up p*ssy.

I think I'll tell him now.

[​IMG]

10. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I don't believe there is any actual evidence that they are dangerous in the situations where they are used by the Texans. Cut blocks (blocking below the knees) is against the rules in the open field. In the open at a full run it causes injury.

It is legal in the tackle box, because it isn't dangerous at the slower speeds. But players are conditioned by the prohibitions on cut blocks in the open field to believe that they are dangerous.

11. conquistador#11

The reason why I mentioned the blocking scheme was because on the radio, one of the guys said joel dreessen threw a low block on a saints defensive player, and that shortly after that our running back got a cheap shot.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Were you watching the same video? I saw Shockey trying to get away, slapping like a little girl, and Ryans slamming him to the ground.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If you think this is "tackling," you are completely, positively insane.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VcqjClE7cuk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VcqjClE7cuk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The NFL disagrees with you as well, considering they fined Allen $50,000 for the hits.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/07/jared-allen-fined-50-000-for-trying-to-remove-matt-schaubs-leg/

Want to try again, little boy?

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Tell this to John Jurkovic.

15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Since that was a cut block of the not-legal variety (i.e. from behind), I'm not sure why its relevant. Clipping has been against the rules for quite a while.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe if shockey wasnt a wshed up punk who actually knew how to use his talent.

But as is, Demeco is one of the best in the league, meanwhile, shockey loses his job to rookies.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Except that cut block was legal due to inside the tackle box and the lack of speed didn't make it safe. Back, front, or side...where Williams hit Jurkovic would have injured him more likely than not.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't pay any attention to ILoveTheRockets trolling. He's a pissed off saints fan who has to endure a week of being reminded by Mario Williams what a horrible draft pick Reggie Bush was. :D

And Ryans pretty much planted Shockey's face into the ground on that tackle. I can't see how anyone could view that video any differently.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL that's why Shockey was clowned on NFL Live by Marcellus Wiley for getting punked.

You FAIL at assessing fights. Shockey got slammed to the ground son.

Btw, Owen Daniels >> Shockey

Hey at least Reggie Bush finally figured out that he needs to change his running style because of his abysmal yards per carry avg.

20. ILoveTheRockets

Yeah thats why Shockey was on top of Demeco. Plus it was 4-1 on Shockey... kick rocks.