1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 3, 2011.

1. liljojo

liljojo Member

"Should" is a lot different than "Will". They're the better team. We'll see how they do.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Probably" isnt worth the risk of losing a draft pick. Just because a team has 3 QBs doesnt mean they would ditch one to get another guy.

Yates was not a huge prospect but he is/was still a prospect nonetheless because he does have some redeemable qualities.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm actually in Indiana as I type this, Kravitz is usually on the money. I'm about 30 miles from Indy deep in Colts territory but I'm hearing absolutely nothing. Other than what was posted earlier, they are being very tight lipped.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No Colts player listed as doubtful played in the same week since 2003.

I say rest Arian if you can. We got this one!

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Rest Arian for sure, we have more than reliable backups in Tate and Ward, hell we could probably beat a Manningless Colts without a run game.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah he's done, watching indianapolis news right now, Polian looks distraught. They're saying he'll be back at some point, Sounds like he won't be back for quite a while.

8. RocketMania1991

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Peyton will play and that is a mistake. Seriously, he should not get on the field with J.J. Watt. This is not the "old" Texans defense and Watt or one of the other "mad dogs" could end his career.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

“@injuryexpert: Hearing Gonzalez and Collie out for Week 1. Not expected to practice this week. #colts”

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You know, I hate for the Texans to finally take over the division because Manning's career basically ended due to injury.

I wanted to beat the Colts on top of their game, not in this lame state.

Can't look a gift horse in the mouth, though.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true, but for what it's worth they did beat a good beat down on them early last year. Granted even last year they were starting to slide a little.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't care what circumstances contribute to a playoff berth. if that means it takes Manning to be out, so be it. IND basically gave the JETS the playoffs two years ago. no one (outside of houston) ever brings that up.

15. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Kubiak said on his radio show yesterday he expects the Colts to sign Donnie Avery.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Thanks for that - clearly I misunremebered the play and stand corrected. My apologies.

Tried to rep - but I need to spread it around some more....

#5376 emjohn, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Anthony Gonzalez being anywhere else would be a shock. 2 games since 2008.

Colts should probably get on board the Dallas Clark Express Sunday. Tight End is your best buddy when you need to rely on quick outs....especially when the defense is constantly sending both OLBs across the line.

With no run game to utilize, the Colts are going to have to lean on a West Coast style of play.

Division games are always thorny. It's like sibling rivalries. If you're in a survivor/pick 'em league, always avoid division games, even the "obvious ones" - they're upset central.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Road division games are the hardest games to win in the NFL. To say that the Texans SHOULD go 6-0 is setting yourself up for disappointment, and frankly, unreasonable to start with. 4-2 is far more realistic. We are playing Indianapolis in the second to last game of the season....if Peyton is healthy by then, that could be a big game to decide who's King of the Hill. Jacksonville on the road will be tough, and our most likely divisional loss.

19. msn

msn Member

4-2 in division would be ecstatic. Have the Texans ever even gone 3-3???

I'm bracing myself for 2-4 with a bunch of new excuses (they didn't have time in camp to learn the new scheme, give Mario at least 12 weeks, blah, blah, blah). 3-3 would be anti-climactic, 4-2 would be great, and 5-1 would be "fall in faint" territory.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Who cares? No one cares that Sampson got hurt, killing a dynasty. Injuries are a part of the game, especially in football. When you look at the time typically missed by QB's the Colts have been truly blessed.