1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So if nothing to do with NFL success, why would you desire a higher score? In other words, why does it matter? Certainly doesn't seem to matter to scouts.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A low score doesn't prevent QB's from being good QB's but you won't find many recent examples of great QB's with really low wonderlic scores, the only real example is Cam Newton who had the one amazing season but his success stems from his athleticism rather than from anything above the shoulders and right now he's only had 1 really good season so it might be premature to call him a "great QB". It'll be interesting to see how his game ages as he loses athleticism to time because right now he's not a very good passer and his threat to run is half of what helps him get by.

Back on topic though, basically you prefer it if you have a smart QB because it means their potential ceiling is higher and their game is likely to age better if they end up being good QB's but being smart doesn't mean you'll be successful and being dumb doesn't necessarily mean you won't be successful.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Derek Carr = 20

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

To be fair I accidentally went all out at clutch and aura last night... I think I'm still drunk.. that or I'm suddenly immune to hangovers and my coworker is more funny than usual. So it is possible to still be drunk.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, you can be a dumb (or "not very smart" if we're talking about guys like Carr or Watson who didn't score incredibly low on the Wonderlic, just below average) QB and still have success. That said, I wouldn't call Carr a "great" QB just yet but we'll see what he looks like this year, he showed a lot of promise last year.

That's fair, that's happened to me before so I'll give him a few more hours to sober up before I hold any of that craziness against him.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your argument about someone BEING DUMB because of the wonderlic is about as idiotic as your take on EVERYTHING. Wonderlic is a pseudo-intelligence that MEANS NOTHING except u are a good test taker. So, a 50 question - 12 minute test is more important than grades and say, SAT or ACT? Come on. Again...people putting intelligence based on 1 limited test. I'm glad you live in a world of Absolutes........that must be GRAND.

This show YOUR LACK OF Intelligence.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad that you think it doesn't mean anything at all just because the results weren't what you wanted them to be.....seems to be a pattern forming.

Anyway you've now been super triggered for over 14 hours at this point due to a statement of fact. You should probably seek help kiddo, that kind of thing doesn't happen to stable people who are happy in their lives.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I couldn't care less about Watson's score. The point is you are basing his success on this irrelevant test.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, I'm not, in fact I've explicitly stated multiple times now that's not what I was doing.....but I guess you were too triggered to read properly because you thought I was insulting your father or something. You've got a LOT of growing up to do it seems. Good luck.

10. CallMeTheDream

Lmao Clutchfans is funny as hell

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The ignore function is a real time and aggravation saver. If this could also extend to ignoring conversations it would be even better.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

To be fair, conversations would likely slow to a crawl without a certain few individuals around here

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I considered just putting him on ignore, but as of last night I assumed he was just drunk and I wanted to cut him some slack, if he keeps the BS up, that's exactly what I'll do.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. I think the ignore function should be disabled. We need people on both sides of the tracks here. It would be pretty boring if everyone agreed all the time. As you can see, ignoring someone doesn't make them go away.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I stand by everyone on my ignore list and I think if people put others on their ignore list simply due to disagreeing with them then they are mentally weak people. I only put outright trolls with nothing of substance to add to any conversation on mine.

When used in that way, I'm all for the ignore feature.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I wish i could ignore you, but the ignorance..........geez.

17. showa13

showa13 Member

Public Service Announcement:

Scoring low on the wonderlic =/= being dumb. You can be smart and score low on the wonderlic, you can be dumb and score high(both rare, but possible). Wonderlic test does NOT equal intelligence. It's more on how you process information in a written test environment. Has more clout in regards to off the field preparation, and upbringing.

Wonderlic should never be used to promote or discredit anyone's intelligence or playing ability, and honestly should be removed from pre draft evaluation cause it's a pointless evaluation tool(been saying this for years)

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The Wonderlic really does nothing more than waste everyone's time and presumably embarrass QBs. Do any other positions take it?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most players take it, NFL teams want to know if they are dumb or not as one small part of the evaluation.

I know it's fun though to blame the test or the metric when players do poorly. I remember dumb kids back in school using the "I just test poorly" excuse too so why not let players use it. When Treston Decoud ran a 4.62 40 time I'm sure he said "I'm not slow, I just test poorly" or "40 time doesn't even matter, it's just a pointless evaluation tool that should be removed from the pre-draft evaluation"

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Disagree. There truly are people who serve NO PURPOSE but to troll and agitate others, with very little in attempting constructive dialogue. There's a big difference between disagreeable opinions and different views, and being a deliberate contrarian insufferable spamming miserable butthole about everything.

As in, between "Don't agree, thats absurd but whatever." and "WTF IS WRONG with you?" I used to be considerate of any and all members and posts, but it became apparent after a while that some people's online personas are ridiculous, and I dont have to take that and enable them.

Rashmon likes this.