1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Lions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>WR DeVier Posey (knee/hamstring) is doubtful for Thursday's game. Cody, Dobbins, J.Joseph, Tate are questionable <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Nick Scurfield (@NickScurfield) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/status/271393486257917953" data-datetime="2012-11-21T23:23:44+00:00">November 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I really don't expect Tate to play tomorrow. Hopefully he will be ready for New England.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So I am wearing my Texans sweatshirt at the HEB tonight and my cashier has the audacity to say the Texans suck and the Cowboys are the best. She said they are America's team to which I responded, "yeah, America's worst team." I then asked her, "Have the Cowboys done anything the last ten years?" And finally I told her she is welcome to go to Dallas and work as a cashier for HEB.

It's feels so good to have the best football team in Texas! It's time!

1 person likes this.
  4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

we need like other 5 or 6 team to loss, besides the texans win to clinch a playoff spot, so I dont really think we clinch the playoffs this week.

here it is:

1) HOU win + TEN loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss + SD loss or tie OR

2) HOU win + TEN loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss or tie + PIT loss

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

First of all there is no HEB in Dallas. Also Dallas is in southern Oklahoma so we have always had the best team in Texas.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mariachi ROCKET

10-1 without a doubt!

7. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

J.J Better not play if he's not himself out there. We remember what happen couple games ago and this is Megatron here.

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

No shame in the Texans losing tomorrow, but if they were to win, you can look back at this game as one of the games where they won vs. an elite quarterback. Stafford is an elite quarterback, imo

9. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Nope. If the Texans win Stafford won't be an elite QB because the Texans won.

Like Bobby Bowden used to say: "It's only a big game if ya lose it."

10. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

Stafford elite? LOL.

11. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

Can you stream the game on your cell phone? If so Where do I find it? Thank you all

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

None in Dallas metro, but plenty around.

Link

She was also a Spurs fan. :rolleyes:

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's when you go tell her manager and let him b**** her out. If you're a Cowboys fan, fine, whatever. But you don't tell a customer that their team sucks, especially when it's the local team. That's very poor customer service.

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Step up to me, step up to me...!

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

I believe the standard response would be "The Cowboys may be America's team, but the Texans are Texas' team".

17. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

This should be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's close for most of the game. I'm hoping the Texans keep a lead for most of the game and seal the deal with a touchdown late.

Kickoff is scheduled for 11:37 for those that like to miss the pregame crap and tune in right when the game starts.

Halftime will be longer than usual. It will be 18 minutes in length instead of the normal 12 minutes. Detroit native Kid Rock will perform for the crowd at halftime.

Go Texans!

18. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Let's wrap up some pro bowl spots today. Not that we'll have any players in the pro bowl. We're holding our party in New Orleans.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Happy Thanksgiving. Your favorite football team is wearing Liberty White jerseys and Deep Steel Blue pants vs. Lions. <a href="http://t.co/MahoXRAf" title="http://bit.ly/Sq2vVv">bit.ly/Sq2vVv</a></p>&mdash; Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoughertyDrew/status/271628574035943425" data-datetime="2012-11-22T14:57:53+00:00">November 22, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. CertifiedTroll

Big question -- I have stafford and shaub on my fantasy team. Who do I start?

Stafford hasn't put up big numbers this year, but I've been riding it out with him.

Shaub, I want to start. But there's a lot of variables at play. Is J. Joseph going to play? and not like he did in the green bay game...