1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Major

Major Member

Getting crushed in the pocket because you don't throw the ball is not a way to stay healthy.

whag00, bobrek, Cold Hard and 4 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No question, there's a ton of talent, they just don't have a competent offensive coach to take advantage of the talent. If the Texans and Patriots swapped WR's, TE's, and RB's, the Patriots would have the top offense in the NFL and the Texans would likely have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also factor in that it was essentially thrown to the DB and not Nuk and it is even more impressive that it worked out. Not many WR's that have ever played the game come up with that TD.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

What is the report on Miller?

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

What part of that game made you think we could send out the TEs on routes on a regular basis instead of pass block?

Red.Glare likes this.
  7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Hopkins became the second youngest to 500 catches in NFL history.

Pretty impressive given the quarterback situation the last several years.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ankle injury not expected to be severe, but BOB has said things like that the day before players have gone on the IR, so there's no way of knowing.

BigShasta, deb4rockets and solid like this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree. I'm not confident in Bring your own Beer going forward. He's awful and we are excelling outside of his coaching. This game should not have been close. I'd like to see Deshaun get loose and call the plays

10. 1234567

1234567 Member

He HAS a chance with this team!!!!

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Did nuk say something similar about Brock?

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with the swapping thing, but Watson has really been holding this offense back for about three weeks.

Hell, he's been holding them back from their potential for the whole season, really. He HAS to learn to throw the ball away. He's got to. He also has to learn to see an outside blitz. He's missing open receivers, too, but everyone does.

Consider what Watson is going through the last three weeks as the league catching up to him.

I have confidence he'll get better and learn these things, but until he does, this team is going nowhere.

I'm in the camp of Watson is good, but he's not polished and the offensive issues stem from Defensive Coordinators finding some weaknesses and exploiting our line and quarterback.

Playing some bump and run and blitzing the corners out of it has been killing Watson and this offense.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Still in play. Don't stop believing.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I figured we could sprinkle some tight ends here or there rather than run meaningless rush play on first downs.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Can anyone summarize what happened with the 4th and 1 TO that BOB stupidly took? My stream froze, but did the Jets eventually challenge it? It looked like a first down on replay.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

That last scoring drive told me everything I needed to know about this offense. That drive looked very similar to what we saw out of them last year. Deshaun didn't have to hold the ball all day. It came out quick because the receivers were done with their route. And it wasn't just Hopkins. It was Hopkins, Thomas, and Carter. If they called plays like that all game, the scoreboard would look very different.

But you're right. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. And he isn't able to run the full offense with the finesse and effectiveness. But why not take advantage of his skillset and run the offense that gives him the best chance to succeed.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He took the timeout because he wanted a different defense for the play they were running. The Jets didn’t challenge it despite the video showing that he probably got the first down. It was a stupid timeout in that he gave them the opportunity to challenge but I think the officials might have blown the play dead early making it not reviewable. The commentators didn’t mention that point.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That made me laugh. So true about Bob.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That’s what I don’t understand. Why not roll him out or why doesn’t Watson run to avoid the sacks more often? Every other QB including the fleet Eli Manning does.

Shark44 likes this.