1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Monday 7:30 on ESPN

Announcers: Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden

Official Game Thread schedule:

Sunday and Monday night game threads go up the Tuesday before.

Any games that start before Sunday: game threads will go up on the Monday before.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

yeaaaaaaa!

3. msn

msn Member

The Jets have sexy feet.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This appears to be a must-win home game for the Jets. With the Packers and Ravens following, this could be a trap game for the Texans.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Here's to hoping Gruden drops a "God Bless Houston" on everyone.

BTW...(using facts stated on last night's MNF)...this will be MNF game #666.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Classic trap game. Please put these guys away early

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Jets will definitely be looking to defend the run first after getting smashed last week by the Niners on the ground. Still don't think they have the personnel anymore to stop the run as they used to. Defensively, the Texans will have to cover Kerley and Hill. Not sure if Keller is going to play for this game but he would be a big target for Sanchez with Holmes being out. Shonn Greene shouldn't really be a factor unless the Texans allow him to be.

Never beaten the Jets in our history, lets get it. This is our year. National TV, MNF.. everyone's going to be watching.

Most importantly, stay healthy. Definitely don't want to lose anyone in this game. Go Texans!

8. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I know it's a totally different team & everything, but I can't help but remember back to the opening game a few years ago when we were supposed to walk all over the Jets and the exact opposite happened. For that reason alone, I'm a little nervous about this one.

How long until these nerves go away? When will my brain accept that these aren't the Texans I've grown accustomed to be apprehensive about? I think I just automatically cover my crotch now when thinking about the team after being kicked in the nuts repeatedly for the last decade.

9. 45souf

45souf Member

Seeing how they have a bad oline, and we have a good d-line, i see us pulling out 35-14....I just dont see how the can score? Holmes, is out, and Hill is banged up.There goes there deep threat. Smash the Rb, and make sanchez beat us.
    Oh, BTW Revis is out...Lord have mercy on them Jets. Payback is gonna be ugly

10. Classic

Classic Member

11. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Their defense sucks along with a complete lack of offense and this should be a route. Payback for that come from behind win they had 2 years ago.

12. conquistador#11

if espn showed the sexting between the south beach divas during cowboys v bears... i wonder whose tweets espn will show for this game? Gruden, "Slim thug is watching us Mannnn!!!"

Next Monday seems like a year away. (sigh)

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

awwww yea.... going to this game, should be fun

sad that I'd had to go an away game to watch a Texans game, but gonna be well worth it :)

would love it if Tebow started and get all the national exposure that the ass kicking Texans are going to give them

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

trap game? you guys really feel the Texans are going to overlook a detested Jets team on Monday Night Freakin' Football?

if the Titans game was a slaughter, Monday night is going to be a massacre.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

crowd could turn on the Jets early

tens of thousands of fans screaming for Tebow on monday night, can't wait for this train wreck

16. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

I'll be there in my Cushing jersey!

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

I have a baaad feeling about this game. Jets stadium and a MNF. Rex ryan is going to have this team ready. It would not shock me if the Texans come back 4-1.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Agreed. The more passing Sanchez has to do, the slimmer chance the Jets have at winning.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Stomping a mudhole in the Jets at their place on national TV will do wonders for the profiles of Arian, Matt, JJ, etc.

No mercy. Donny wants a bloodbath.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You can basically say that about like 8 out of our remaining 12 games.

This team does not look ahead.