1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2010.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

That's right - I crossed wires this morning and am attributing him for that instead of the final TD.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would've been nice to see the Jets get called for Offensive Pass Interference on that last play. The WRs crisscrossed and the outside guy literally set a pick on GQ leaving Holmes wide open streaking to the back of the endzone. Why the Texans didn't switch on the pick is beyond me. Bring back JVG :grin:

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

C'mon man. Everybody knows that you're supposed to play press coverage when defending a hail mary from the 50 yard line and that you give a 5 yard cushion when the ball is at the 4 and that you take away the middle of the field and force receivers to the sideline when the opposing team has to go 70 yards for a TD with 55 seconds left and no timeouts. That's Football 101. Frank Bush did it by the book.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I thought you were supposed to deny the sidelines so they don't stop the clock...? :(

Frank Bush? Come on.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Your post was ignorant and you are delusion if you think things aren't just as bad in Houston. Texans have about as good as a shot for the playoffs as the Cowboys do... Also, pre-Garrett, the Cowboys have actually made the playoffs and won super bowls. Sure, it was in the past, but they actually have a few to their name. The Texans however, do not. So our ridiculous late game collapses are much worse the the Cowboys not living up to their super-bowl expectations. After all, they are super bowl favorites like every damn year... :rolleyes:

6. msn

msn Member

roll your eyes all you want, with takes like that you'll never be taken seriously.

I'm frustrated, too; I'm just not willing to come all out attacking somebody with ridiculous name-calling because he pointed out that another city's having a hard time with their current NFL state of affairs.

And two weeks ago, it was worse for Dallas folks. We were .500 dude: 4-4. The 'pokes were 1-7. In no universe is that ever "worse". If you're arguing about RIGHT NOW, then absolutely the tables have turned and Cowboy fan is having a lot more fun than Texan fan. But the post you attacked was in the context of two weeks ago, man.

7. STR8Thugg

I guess i misunderstood you then, but yes i am talking about right now. I wasn't trying to attack you personally, but i am about as fed up as can be after the latest Texans collapse, and when i see posts that sympathize with cowboys fans i just don't get it. its kinda like the lakers fans complaining when they sucked like 4 years ago, i mean they still had bryant and a boatload of championships, i just feel they should get over it. yeah it sucks when your team sucks, but if your team has a handful of championships hanging from the rafters then i dont really feel that bad for you or them, thats kinda my point with the cowboys...

8. STR8Thugg

And i dont know about ridiculous... i called your post ignorant, and you delusional. i have seen a lot worse things before, just sayin...

9. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

But, but, but he's a hero...

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I never said it wasn't bad in Houston. My answer was strictly about the situation up here in Dallas with the Cowgirls blowing chunks and Jerry being on the hook and having to pay for that big "sports bar" stadium way out in Arlington. Now, I'm from Houston and I understand what it's like to drive from Katy or Sugarland but take my word for this: a trip to Cowboys' Stadium from North Dallas or Eastern Dallas county (where I live) can take 1.5 hours+ one way. It is such a major hassle that folks absolutely have to WANT to make that trip. And thats where the panic had set in at Valley Ranch because the fans had up and rebelled against Jerry and the Cowboys. Things were so bad up here that even the Cowsheep media (who kissed the ground JJ walked on) were asking JJ at every turn on radio & TV, to justify why fans should make that drive and pay those prices: $70 to park, $60 for a pizza (that's some pizza), $10 for a beer, $29 to stand up all game just to see a gutless team that had quit on its head coach.

Now, the situation in Houston is far different as the Texans' players haven't quit and rolled over like the Cowboys. No, they are just bad and they lose games they should be winning. They haven't quit on Kubiak yet. And no one in the Houston media is publicly asking McNair to explain why fans should take the time to make the drive into Reliant and pay for parking, food, tickets, etc.. It's bad in Houston (yet another losing season) but it doesn't carry the foul septic stench that was being excreted from the Cowboys when Wade was still coaching them.

11. HillBoy

Uh Swoly-D, Cannonball was being sarcastic there. He described what Fran Bush actually did instead of what he should have done. It appears that you know more about Football 101 that does he.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's up, HillBoy?! I'm in Eastern Dallas County as well. Hit me up via the board messaging service! Another Dallas-area Houston Sports fan, have you managed to come out to any of our viewing parties?

13. HillBoy

It's all good. I haven't managed to get to one of your viewing parties yet but I really want to make it to one. Been very busy with work for which I am most thankful given the current economic climate.

14. msn

msn Member

Oh, I see where you're coming from concerning right now.

Namecalling about a sports take is absolutely ridiculous, period. Calling someone "delusional", especially when you simply misunderstood his point (as you now admit), is ridiculous. How about let's drop all that BS and just talk sports?

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Here's one to pick your brain:

Knowing what we know of our horrible pass defense would you try to score a TD on that last Texans possession AND go for 2 to make it a 2 score game???

Granted you didn't think the Jets would drive all the way down the field, but the defense sat in base cover 2 the whole time and did nothing to try and make it more difficult. And it would be a serious blow to your defense's psyche. But ya know what, I think telling them point blank through your actions that I don't think you could stop a kid on a trike might be enough to light a fire under em.