1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 9, 2010.

1. conquistador#11

True. Just frustration speaking. I'm just hoping for a rockets win and a good episode from the walking dead, and I will be fine.

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Just listening to 610, Rich Lord asked Matt Schaub about the last offensive play, Schaub said he had no doubt if the fumble didn't occur they would have enough time to spike the ball and kick the FG. Looks like Schaub may not have realized it would have brought up 4th down. I remember seeing Kubiak talking to Schaub after that play, maybe asking him why he threw that pass?

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

You called it, lol.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Fine... enjoy your night.

Too bad the Rockets have more ? than the Texans this year.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gus Johnson went bananas on that call. Perfect guy commentating.

6. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i like gq, but you're right, plus he made several other mistakes...he had a bad game. i am still waiting for this team to show up. very frustrating.

i almost feel like there are larger forces at work here, like some football god that wants to make us suffer. i still am hopeful for a 7 game winning streak, instead i think we are in the middle of a 4 game losing streak like last year at this time.

7. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

@MJ4Sports
    You know what's cute. The Texans just sent the media 3 pages worth of positive Gary Kubiak and team notes.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't the Texans have a 4 game losing streak every year?

Rocket River

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I seriously want to know, has any other team failed to hold an opponent to less than 24 points once in their first 9 games? Dead serious question.

Players making dumb decisions, blowing assignments, etc...when it happens this often, it's absolutely at the feet of the coaching staff. It's their judge to teach, prep, and develop these guys. Frank Bush and/or at least David Gibbs should be on the street tomorrow.

McNair won't touch Kubiak until the CBA is taken care of, if then.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys with the big stop on 4th and inches. Nice play by Bradie James.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

time to

▃▂▂
    ▄██||▅▅▅▃▂
    ▄███████████████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█|
    ▄██████████████████████||▅▅▃▂
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █|►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I'm a DIEHARD Texans fan and was so pumped about this season, but as the season progressed and the injuries and poor play, poor coaching mounted I started to lose faith on making the playoffs this season. The last couple of weeks I have forced myself to watch the games with a more of a "casual fan" attitude so I don't find myself screaming at the TV, throwing furniture around like I was the first couple of weeks. I laugh now more in disbelief at how terrible we are at times especially on D where it seems rare when we force a punt or even tackle somebody (we are seriously one of the worst tackling teams I have ever seen).

That hail mary play just made me seriously laugh out loud. Just the whole sequence, Smith jumping off sides on the previous play, the ball floating in the air right at a group of Texans with "pick" in my mind, and then Quin volleyball setting the ball right to a Jaguar witht he announcers thinking it was over then Gus Johnson screaming in amazement. Such a joke we are, its funny.

I'm still a diehard Texans fan and always will be, its just time to look forward. The final nail in the Kubiak regime coffin has been set. We will probably end up with a higher draft pick then our normal mid-round one, which will really help add more pieces. I think this team has alot of talent and if we can get some real studs in the draft and whoever the new coach is (I'm praying there is one) goes out and demands for some vets to be signed in free agency, I think this debacle of a season can be a blessing in disguise to revamp us.

1 person likes this.
  13. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

If McNair actually does anything this offseason. We need to throw the Brinks truck at somebody to coach the team and have a more aggressive policy towards actually adding players that would help us next year. Uncle Cheapie might not do this.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tank time. Our sos is going to kill our draft position.

The rockets better win tonight or I'm gonna blow a gasket.

15. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

oh, wait...yeah, that's right. nevermind.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

What's scary is, the Texans could seriously go 1 for their next 5.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Which would be a blessing in disguise. We obviously have major holes to fill.

Kubiak would be on the way out too. There wouldn't be a sexier coaching vacancy in the league.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

One? They could seriously not win another game. I'd still say somewhat unlikely, but definitely possible.

We should be serious underdogs in our next 5 games and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get our 5th win until the Denver or Jacksonville game.

19. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

At this point, I laugh, only to keep from crying.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Denver is tossing the ball all over the place. I would be suprised if they won that game.........