1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree this is a good game to see what BoB is all about.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

if you're going to lose, this would be considered a "good" loss. an out of conference L is the weakest L possible.

that said, i think we get the W.

3. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I think so as well, if only bc our D >> their O

4. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

For this particular game I am not real confident either - OB has had some success with this basic winning formula but you can't continue to do the same thing over and over again.
    You have to show some variation at some point and we have yet to see if Fitz can carry the team on his back and you can't keep burning up Foster at the rate they are if you want your main RB fresh for games later in the season.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I would be more worried about the Texans offense than the Giants offense going off. If the Texans run game is ineffective, then I doubt they will be able to air it out against NYG. That being said I think Watt and company will have a field day with Manning and put him in some hurried situations in which he may get sacked for lost yardage or throw a pick. He really only has Cruz as a legit threat to break one all the way.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

A loss would be devastating.

This forum would be in shambles.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yup... sounds about right. If the Texans lose, i can see multiple knee jerk threads popping up.

However, i don't see that happening with this team and this coaching staff. Most of these players went through a 14-game losing streak last year, so i'm sure they're not overlooking any of their competition this year.

8. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Andre Johnson needs two catches to move into 13th place on the career receptions list. With five receptions he moves into 12th place and if he gets 13 catches he moves into 11th place.

Texans Game Release

Giants Game Release

Video Trailer

NFL Films Preview

Point Spread: Houston -2
    O/U: 41.5

Referee: Terry McAulay

Uniform: White jersey / blue pants

TV Distribution Map -- CBS Early (Texans game in red)

Win Probability Graph (will be live during game)
    <iframe width="500" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://live.advancednflstats.com/featureGraph.php?team=HST" name="game" ></iframe>

Weather forecast: Partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. High near 83. Winds from the S at 9 mph.

Go Texans!

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that OB knows how to gameplan and will change it up. No need to worry about him "continuing to do the same thing over and over again" (even though it has worked well so far). He isn't Kubiak.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Yep, the Texans need to start strong, and the Giants are in a tailspin. A playoff team would smell blood in the water and take care of business.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What am I missing that Spokane WA doesn't want to watch the Texans@Giants like everyone else? Instead they are watching Titans@Bengals.

12. The Law

The Law Member

Maybe there is an influx of Jake Locker fans in Spokane, isn't his home town around there also? Who knows.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Schefter:
    [rQUOTEr]• Upset of the Week: Giants over Texans. Houston is 2-0, New York is 0-2; Texans have gotten turnovers, Giants have not. There's a real chance it changes Sunday.[/rQUOTEr]

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They were 2-14 last year......14 L's in row.....

I think they still have plenty to prove and to play hard for, fans haven't forgotten about last season. Even if it's a new year etc....

If we were to lose a game, this one would be ideal since I is an out of conference. But I don't want an L.

I still feel Texans win this one by 2 scores.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Jason Pierre-Paul isn’t concerned with stopping the Texans offense

Pierre-Paul and the rest of the team’s defense has spent the week preparing to face the Texans and Pierre-Paul made it clear that he hasn’t been impressed by much on tape when he was asked what concerns him about the Houston offense.

“Uh, nothing,” Pierre-Paul said, via NJ.com. “Yeah, I think we should be able to handle that offense. Nothing concerns me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-with-stopping-the-texans-offense/#comments

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't know why players say stupid stuff like this. It just becomes "bulletin board" material to fire up the other team.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

ok, i was a little pessimistic about the game, but i really want to beat them

if the bucs can go down 0-3 with new staff, why not give the same fate to the giants with their new OC...

let's stuff it down their throats

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

OB knows how to make adjustments. And as far as variation if putting JJ Watt in to score a goal line TD isn't variation I don't know what is.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They went 2-14 last year.

I think being cocky is impossible.