1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

exploit their weaknesses and never disrespect the gmen. texans 38 giants 9

2. 45souf

45souf Member

We should pray that Manning passes more than 20 times. If he does that, that would mean they have given up running the ball.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

they have no run defense and we have a top 5 back... our run defense also is lacking but the giants have abandoned the run so far this season

4. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

I think this is closer to what will happen. I watched the Giants/ Cards Game Rewind last night and the Giants led to start the 4th quarter then it all went downhill. Eli did have that terrible interception in the first half. The Giants did not seem to get much pressure on Stanton either, plus Thurmon is now out for the season at corner. Keep the formula the same for the Texans, run the ball, play good defense, and make a big play in the passing game or special teams and come out 3-0.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Eli this week:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny post Fester McDougal

8. Raven

Raven Member

Do or die for the Giants, so you know they are bringing 200% Watt level effort. Can the Texans match their level of intensity?

Of course!

3-0. Book it.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

This is first game I feel confident about.. call me a downer but I wanted to see what Texans could do against Washington and Oakland. Not feeling too confident yet, but I am against the Giants. They are trash and Eli is a turnover machine.

Texans 27
    Giants 14

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

I'm feeling just the opposite of confident. I keep thinking about the Giants being 0-2 and that they would be focused and out for blood. Of course, would I consider them less dangerous if they had won one or both of their games? Probably not, but I'm not as familiar with their 2014 team as many of you others seem to be, and the consensus is they suck!

my other concern is the Texans habit of failing in big games and/or games with a national spotlight. Hopefully those days are over. So in BO'b I will trust until proven otherwise.

Texans - 23
    Giants - 16

Go Texans!

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is Posey going to be activated for the game? I'm surprised he was inactive for last game

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I remember the Texans on a 2 game then 4 then 6 then 8 losing streak last year and everyone said oh we out for blood. well we kept losing. same for the Giants. their only threat is victor Cruz.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

15. Win

Win Contributing Member

Ha! The memory is painful, yet your point is apt.

16. solodolo

solodolo Member

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know the giants have looked terrible but they are a hot and cold team and i just have a bad feeling that texans might catch the hot giants. Then again, i'm a texans fan so I always have a bad feeling about the games.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Well, this game is a measuring stick.

It will measure how much this team has changed since Kubiak coached it. A Kubiak team loses this game big, in my opinion.

If O'Brien truly has brought a new culture to this team, THIS is the game we should be out for blood in. We should be out looking to embarrass the Giants at home. Make a statement to the league. We should accept nothing less. The Jason Pierre Paul quote where they asked him what he was worried about when it comes to the Texans, and he said, "nothing," should be blown up and posted all over that locker room.

Embarrass these fools. Shock the league into giving you some credit. Hell, I saw a power ranking (not that they matter) from bleacher report (especially shouldn't matter) where the Texans were ranked like 24th or something. Behind a couple 0-2 teams even. Behind the Vikings even. I'm still pissed off about it, and that was Tuesday.

Texans 35
    Giants 10

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I kinda hate to say this but would a loss really be that bad here? Believe me the fan and competitor in me wants them to win. But in the past (dangerous words I know) they seemed to have gotten cocky and then not played as hard as they should. Maybe a loss will keep them wanting to prove themselves.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It certainly wouldn't be as bad for us as it would be for them. A loss in this game effectively ends the Giants season