1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texans won the 2nd half!!!!

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Jennings had 176 rushing yards. unacceptable

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LIVE: Watch Bill O'Brien postgame press conference HERE: <a href="http://t.co/P2jWKUumaZ" title="http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/LIVE-Texans-Giants-postgame/0757d7b1-4e58-43ff-92c6-57fee04ad5fd">bit.ly/1ubIXvH</a></p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/513780042292543489" data-datetime="2014-09-21T20:01:22+00:00">September 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

yeah we need a nose tackle

and Clowney back

5. conquistador#11

on the bright side, if we keep giving up almost 200 yards rushing, teams will no longer pass/pass/pass on us.

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Turnovers killed the Texans today. I have to think they will tighten that up, especially if Foster can come back healthy. Blue played well at RB but didn't show Foster's knack for the crucial short yardage plays.

Cushing with 17 tackles and JJ Watt with a strong game was good to see. Hopefully this game was the outlier for Fitzpatrick, or else this season will get ugly.

I hope Lechler is okay, he's an important weapon for this team. Mercilus seemed ineffective which puts a spotlight on Clowney's health. Texans need him back.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Did Brooks Reed/Mercilus even play today? I tried to look for them but they seemed MIA

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Exactly. For a 9-7 record, some losses are expected. I do hope we win the next one since it's at home and Texans still have a lot to prove.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Curious to see how O'Brien reacts to this.

10. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This is a disappointing loss, but our defense is awful besides watt and a couple other players. We have no run defense and zero pressure on the QB except for watt. The offense is what it is, a bad to below average QB trying to force the issue and you get today's results. I still can't believe our running game without Foster is this big of a joke. I like Foster but he just can't stay healthy for 16 games anymore, and to be honest we need to cut our losses since he can't stay healthy. The same goes for Cushing who look's slower than I've ever seen him. Rick Smith needs to be fired for giving out these ridiculous contracts. Romeo Crennel needs to figure this defense out quickly or he will be gone (hopefully). I guess Romeo isn't big on stopping the run and letting some scrub get 170 against us.

Am I the only one who thinks our defense the first couple of weeks has gotten lucky with fumbles in our endzone? Because if those fumbles don't happen I guarantee everyone would be talking about how bad the defense really has been.

11. Two Sandwiches

Mercilus played okay. Reed was around, but didn't make many plays.

Apparently Cushing and Watt were MIA, according to posters here, even though they played great.

So I wouldn't really expect great answers from folks around here.

#931 Two Sandwiches, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Will O'Brien cage Fitz for his performance and let Mallet start?

Or is it too soon?

Really curious to see how the coach will handle today's loss towards the team and what he has in store for them.

13. Win

Win Contributing Member

The Texans could have won this game. That call-back penalty on Hopkins' one-handed catch of a Fitz bomb was a killer! While Fitz is Fitz and made some mistakes, dude is not a p***y!

The 'D' let us down in this game. The "bend" DID "break'. Alas, it is back to the drawing board, but the team is still 2 and 1 and riding a soft schedule. Just one more mention of Hopkins who is really impressing.

14. Two Sandwiches

You can claim that, but I can claim that two lucky breaks for the defense made dreamers think it was close.

The fact is, the Giants easily could have hung 40 on us.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

either way execution sucked on all fronts: defense, offense, special teams. Special teams with poor blocking on the blocked punt.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I always love these statements...

Yeah they could have won the game if they played football better, but they didn't, so they lost. The Giants were clearly the better team today and I don't know how that isn't obvious.

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

I wont argue that, Eddie... It could have been worse for sure. The Giants over came some early mistakes. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the Texans and the BO'b machine.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

welcome to my ignore list

very poor contributions to the game thread today, son. do better

19. platypus

platypus Member

I thought fitzy played better in the second half when BOB went empty backfield. It's obvious today's loss was due to not having our horse in arian. The giants could simply double dre and nuk without fear of a big run.

Our run defense is also terrible, we need to seal the gap better and fill holes more. Clowney should help with that when he returns.

Oh and penalties killed us, that false start and illegal HTF destroyed a positive drive off of a take away. If we put points OTB then we could have won the game.

Looking forward to a bounce back win next week against the Bills. They have fred jackson and a decent passing game so it won't be easy but i think we take it due to our crowd.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

After the interception midway through the 4th I thought we should have tried mallet. There was no way we were going to come back, why not give him some shots launching it at Hopkins/Johnson.

That upset me.