1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. 713

713 Member

I think it will be a close game early but this is the type of game the Texans always lose and reality sets back in.

NYG 23
    Houston 13

This is a must win for the Giants and I think we are bound to see a let down game from the Texans.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Texans 23
    Giants 14

Giants jump out to a 14-10 lead but our Texans put up 13 unanswered points to seal the victory.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Watt will get an Eli int. book it.

4. MystikArkitect

Giants in a must win game but Eli is basically the NFC's Schaub right now. Seeing ghosts out there. Could lose and wouldn't be surprised if we did but I'm thinking we win in another smothering performance.

27-6.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Eli hands out interceptions like Oprah hands out cars

[​IMG]

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Why the freak does Labhart have to get cut? Not cutting it on the PS?

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

the new staff is not afraid to cut ties with preseason all stars.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Looks like Arian will get another heavy workload!

The giants are mighty thin on D!

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Gary Kubiak was our coach I would agree but he's not.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Eli hasn't looked right for awhile. Not sure why, but it may have to do with a new OC. His body language says I would rather be somewhere else. Like RGIII before he got hurt. Incidently, I am not sure RGIII has a durable enough body for the NFL. I like the Texans chances. Let's see if OBrien can out coach the "old guy."

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

besides battle red blog, anyone know which is the best texans forum?

12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Truth.
    Coughlin will likely have noticed that Texans can be run on - they don't have a fearsome RB, but McFadden was still able to muster a semblance of a run game on us.
    Peyton Hillis is getting on a bit but can stil pound it on you, Rashad Jennings ain't horrible and Andre Williams will be keen to impress.
    Coughlin likely copies Texans formula due to Mannings poor form.
    Gonna be a tough defensive battle I reckon.
    Texans win it if Giants persist with an aerial assault, but touch and go if it turns into a run fest.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Haha. But seriously, that's my bold prediction. Remember my words!

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think this game will be much closer than most think.

The Giants havent run the ball well, but I think our run defense is poor enough where any team can get it rolling. Plus, our pass defense really isnt that good either...RG3 and David Carr have completed 71% of their passes against us for an average of 250+ yards per game...those rank 27th and 24th, respectively. Eli is much more dangerous than any QB we've faced, so regardless of how horrid Manning has played, he's capable of tearing us up. Our defense, thus far, has bent quite a bit and been fortunate with some timely turnovers...I dont trust the defense to make solid consistent stops yet, so the turnovers need to continue swinging in our favor.

Although I was maybe one of the 5% of people here that thought Fitzy can be a decent QB, I do think he will have off games here and there...and those games will be difficult to win. Im just hoping he can continue his smart play...because with a solid run game, we will be tough to beat.

Texans 20
    Giants 17

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you can't say our run D is bad. we give up yards, especially up the middle, and are prone for gash runs but that is largely due to scheme.

we basically give up the run as we focus on the passing game. in today's nfl that's not a bad thing. i remember NE was terrible against the run and pass giving up tons of yards but they kept teams out of the endzone and forced turnovers. i think that is the formula.

eli runs hot and cold. if they put eli on a leash and try to focus on their running game i think that works in our favor. eli will get antsy and start to make mistakes. i guess we'll see.

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

rezdawg and ipaman made good points in posts #74 & 75 - I'd rep you if I could.

17. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Do you mean besides here?

Texans talk

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hope this is the week we get to see Graham + Fiedorowicz suit up. Griffin was a walking penalty last week and we've had XSF and Watt lined up at TE as well. Will be interesting to see how O'Brien handles our top 2 TEs when they are both available. He loved him some Hernandez + Gronk in New England.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the only weapon they got is victor cruz. Unless he goes off for 300 yards and 4 td ..

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

If the Giants get behind, then they will abandon their run game and go strictly pass. That is when Eli becomes romo/schaub and throws a bunch of pick 6. Ive been forced to watch the Giants the last few years, because I had some WR of theirs on my fantasy team. Like I said, Victor Cruz is the only game changer they got.