1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Eli has looked HORRID, if we can disrupt their timing, then I don't see this game being a problem. Idk how their defense is looking though, anyone?

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We managed to find our footing after that game (4-2 going into the bye week). Losing 8 out of our last 10 though was what killed us (and thankfully got Frank Bush fired). That being said, if we are going to hell in a hand basket again this year, I'd like to at least beat the Cowboys :grin::cool:

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, my mistake. I kept thinking they played in Arizona last week. Regardless, what they did last week shouldn't relate to what they might do this week against the Texans. They'll have a bigger sense of urgency being down 0-2.

The biggest advantage for the Texans is having Watt against that terrible OL of the Giants. Keep pressuring Eli and Fitz has to continue what he's doing.

4. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Hoping we stay disciplined and win in the trenches. This will not be an easy game on the road against a team trying to avoid 0-3.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Eli proves you need an elite qb to win super bowls.

I hope we can put pressure on him or he'll torch us.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

We are going to be seeing Watt lined up a lot at RDE, attacking Weston Richburg. The rook has been horrible so far at LG.

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

On the plus side... Watt is going to want a better game than last week. Never bet against Watt. Watch him turn up.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's such a relief going into games this year and knowing that if we lose, it's not going to be because we were out-coached.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Texans romp on the hapless Giants...Texans going to New York/Jersey...Considering that JJ Watt had a subpar defensive game last Sunday, expect him to feast on that porous Giants front line. The Texans win.

24 - 13(late TD from Eli)

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...eerily similar to Kevin Mchale and the Rockets. Things can happen on any given Sunday, but so many times we were worried about how much of a detriment coaching was. Time will prove that the Texans made the right decision in cleaning house of Kubiak, Wade and Matt Schaub.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Is a Kubiak driven offense really going to beat us in NRG?

No freaking way.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Watt going to go off on Sunday, after not gaining a sack last week he's going to dominate that O-Line and Manning.

#52 Uprising, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I don't know if this is out there yet, but the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> have signed OLB Ricky Sapp and will waive OLB Jason Ankrah</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/511962676566581249">September 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trying to boost that pass rush while Clowney is out. I would imagine Rick will want to get Ankrah on the PSquad.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lets presume that Tom Coughlin will design a scheme to do anything and everything possible to contain Watt... and force somebody else on this defense to do anything.

Will need Brooks Reed to be more like he was the first game, and will need Mercilus to raise hell.

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

so they released him July 29th then they brought him back on? wonder what changed

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Apparently they were just waiting for him to get healthy. Meanwhile, some posters are going to be very upset about this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans cut LB Jason Ankrah and WR Travis Labhart. Signed LB Ricky Sapp to roster and safety Josh Aubrey to practice squad.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/511971944485629952">September 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A likely win, then the Texan have a good chance to go to the playoff. I know the coach make a big difference for a team, that is why I never care a team coached by Kubiak even although some people though that the team could win a big thing last year before the season started.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Regardless of who was hired afterwards, 2 of those 3 had to go (Schaub and Kubiak). I was indifferent about Wade, but it was over for the other two guys -- especially Kubiak so it was essentially the right decision.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

21 - 9, Texans

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL sarcasm?