1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

PFF gave Wilfork a +3.3 grade last week. JJ Watt got a +3.0 if you want a comparison.

2. Indaface

Indaface Member

Aaron Rodgers also got a -.8.

But in all fairness Vince to me has been solid, nothing groundbreaking but I'm not seeing teams run up the middle on us and that is his primary job.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Wilfork won't be stealing headlines with sacks, TFL's or anything like that.

He is the best in the league at being a huge human being that does not allow your offense to create holes in the middle of the offensive line.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

At this point of the season, yes they are. But the Colts game is more important because it's a division game. And the Colts are already 1-0 in our division. Plus the Colts have been a thorn in our side since day 1.

I want Foster play against the Falcons but since it's a short week, I highly doubt he will Bobby.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yes, but if you look at why they graded him out like that, it makes sense. 3 of his touchdown passes were passes that every QB in the NFL could make...it was the receivers that turned those passes into TDs. No reason for him to get credit there, which I agree with. Stat sheet looks nice though.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

XSF actually practicing... wow!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Xavier Su's-Filo &amp; Eddie Pleasant were both FULL participants</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/649309974380867584">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Mohamed on IR.

Noooooo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ILB Mike Mohamed and OLB Carlos Thompson are being placed on IR to make room for OLB Kourtnei Brown and ILB Brian Peters.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/649310976622268416">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

LMAO this fool has over 99k followers on twitters but his retweets and favorites don't add up on his post. He probably bought his followers on fiverr.com lol What a LA LOSER :grin:

#88 got em COACH, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Regarding Foster you can be sure of two things:

1. His first game back he'll be eased back in, likely with less than 40 snaps / 20 touches.
    2. The first time he does come back, you won't hear about it until an hour before the game thanks to the BOB regime.

This all leads me to conclude that, if we really want Foster to be a big contributor against the Colts, we will have to give him some run against the Falcons. Won't be declared until Sunday, but my guess is that he gets a few plays this week.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans promote Max Bullough to active roster <a href="http://t.co/7IAl8aoNPL">http://t.co/7IAl8aoNPL</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/649316579243630592">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a fan of Max Bullough's game, his lack of top notch athleticism is pretty much the only thing holding him back.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't see your team winning this game. Atlanta is better than you think. The Matt Ryan and Julio Jones combo are hard to stop. This doesn't seem like the same old Atlanta team to me. But, we'll see.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll depend on several factors. Atlanta is one of the weakest teams in the NFL against the run and the O line should be healthy for the first time all season with Foster potentially back. If that happens, the Texans should be able to eat up a ton of clock and move the ball at will.

The other factor will be how the Texans defense does against Jones in the secondary and how Watt and Clowney are in getting to the QB. I'm not worried about the Falcons' running game, so their offense really boils down to Julio. If the Texans can limit Julio, they can limit the Falcons' offense.

15. Fantasma Negro

Interesting...

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="nl" dir="ltr">Falcons DNP:

Julio Jones (toe, hamstring)
    Tevin Coleman (ribs)
    Jacob Tamme (concussion)</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/649355223346098176">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Falcons LIMITED:

Devonta Freeman (toe)
    Brooks Reed (groin)
    Devin Hester (toe)
    Ricardo Allen (knee)</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/649355680692989952">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

17. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans have been outscored 32-3 in second quarter

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Texans are currently 1-2 after 3 games.

Game 1 against the Chiefs was a blow out, the score really doesn't reflect the situation because the Texans was down 3 scores till the last 5 minutes or so.

Game 2 against the Panthers also looks better but actually you never had a feeling in that game that the Texans can win. And that makes very convincing losses.

Game 3 against the Bucs, that was a horrible game to watch, both teams played bad but the Texans played better at the end and got a win.

Technically, there is nothing to be excited about this team.

We played 3 defenses, Carolina is a decent to good defense but no where near elite, KC's defense like I said, its very questionable and it got destroyed by GB and even with a struggling Manning Denver team, they can not stop him at the end. As for TB, they are just bad.

Offense wise, KC O is decent but they do not have a good QB nor any decent WR, the Panther's O is just bad, plus all those injuries they had, and then of course the Bucs, that's a bad team in all aspects.

The Falcons defense may not be very good, but they have a shutout against the Cowboys on the road and they proved they can make stops when the game will be on the line in the last few weeks.

Ryan is a much, much better QB than the Texans faced this season so far, and of course, they have an elite WR and the offense is much better than anything we have seen so far this season.

Everything pointing to a big Texans loss.

That's why I took a leap of faith and believe there will be some crazy shlt happening in this game, even the Texans may not pull out a win, but I see them most likely will cover the spread.

It sure doesn't make any sense, just the same as the way this team was managed in the franchise history.