1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Texans are going to be in it. The Falcons are not blowing anybody out. They've been playing inconsistently from half to half. They've had to come back in all their games; even against Sam Bradford and Brandon Weeden.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ah, the old 5 kicker wide formation.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not afraid of the Falcons

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If we don't get consistent pressure on Ryan, we have no shot. Our offense won't be able to keep up with Ryan/Jones.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mallett ranks 12th among NFL QBs in average pass length on completions (6.81) <a href="https://t.co/E5J70GiRwY">https://t.co/E5J70GiRwY</a></p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/648914274119761920">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 10 QBs in INT rate:

Rodgers 0.0
    Brady &quot;
    Eli &quot;
    Dalton 1.1
    Carr &quot;
    Foles &quot;
    Ryan 1.7
    McCown 1.8
    Mallett 1.8
    Russell &amp; Cam Tied 2.0</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/648910592724574208">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Of course the flip side is that his TD% is pretty low too sitting at 2.7% good for 27th in the league. Only 5 have lower TD% than Mallett thus far.

28.Sam Bradford
    29, Nick Foles
    30. Drew Brees
    31. Colin Kaepernick
    32. Teddy Bridgewater

That's something that needs to change going forward.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Atlanta favored by 6.5.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Joseph has the better chance of keeping the receiver from catching the pass, Jackson has the better chance of stopping the receiver after catching the pass. Who do you go with against receivers like Julio?

8. Mr. Clutch

Easy.

Kevin Johnson.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think no matter who you use, you have to dedicate a safety to help over the top. I think the best gameplan would be to do your best to take Julio out of the game by keeping 2 guys on him at all times. I don't think the other options on the Falcons are good enough to do TOO much damage so if you can limit Julio, you win.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Might as well just leave the flag on the field. He's not old enough to not get called.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Julio is still going to get thrown the ball. Will the Texans be able to keep him from catching or from breaking loose after the catch.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think if you keep 2 guys on him all day long, you have the best chance at limiting his catches and his YAC. Might even get some picks if Matty Ice forces the issue.

I'm just not afraid of any of the non Julio Falcons receivers, slowing him down has to be priority #1.

The D line should be good enough to limit the run game, so it really could all come down to Julio vs the world.

13. Mr. Clutch

Is Ed Hochuli gonna be the ref?

1 person likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think Mallett will have his best game of the season. Don't quote me if he craps the bed.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You guys are wusses.

Texans 27
    Falcons 20

Texans get two turnovers, limit the Falcons running game to under 80 yards.

Mallett goes for 250 with 2 TDs and an Int.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

1-3. Be ready for it.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Texans cover the spread...lose on a last second FG made by ATL...

26-24 ATL. - If Foster plays; 33-20 ATL if he doesnt. (Personally love for the game to be close, but this line is way too fishy)

Tells me that Vegas expects the Texans to cover with hopes that the public jump on Atlanta, and rightfully so. Julio is going to be a very real problem, but their offense wont be able to run the ball as they would like...The Texans have shown so far this season to be very stout against the run. Matt has the weapons to beat us via the air, but the amount of pressure will determine how close this game remains. I expect a big game from JJ.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Way to go out on a limb. :rolleyes:

I better see the same negative **** after we win.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Against Philly, won by 2 and needed a come-back
    Against NY, won by 4 and needed a collapse by the Giants
    Against Dal, won by 11 but trailed in the first half to Weeden and Randle (3 TDs).
    Like I said before, this is not going to be a blow-out. I don't think the Falcons are capable.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Atlanta is one of the weakest teams against the run in the NFL giving up the most rushing TD's and the 5th most yards per attempt in the league. If Foster comes back, that could spell really good things for the Texans and give them a much better chance of getting out of Atlanta with a win.

The main thing is slowing down Julio.