1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2018.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Saints. Next week is for whether the Texans open up at home or the road.

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Playoff bound

3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

For real?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas.

[​IMG]

sammy and Chilly_Pete like this.
  5. conquistador#11

The Nfl has offered up some good drama this season. Glad we're in.
    [​IMG]

Fiah and DreamShook like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true! I knew he would have a field day against us but was hoping our secondary would step it up, not yell "Another man down!" We've needed upgrades in both our offensive line and secondary forever, which is why I got so mad we let Boye go. Johnson has been a huge letdown with his injuries.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I would've rather done it the other way but I'll take a playoff spot no matter how it happens. Considering the preseason predictions and the first 3 weeks, getting in is pretty awesome.

sammy and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. HstnSprtsFan101

I love the Badger and the swagger he brings. Great open field tackler, flies around but he can be a liability in coverage. Not just today, all year. I’d like to resign him but it depends on the price for me..

Gut wrenching loss. The Eagles with Foles are dangerous. The 2 seed would’ve been great but we’ve traveled nicely all year. Looks like we’ll see the Colts then we’ll head up to Foxborough. The Pats look extremely beatable. Chargers will beat KC in the divisional round then we’ll host the AFC championship in NRG. :D

BigShasta likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

Hilton just got past our defense 3x before I even finished reading this post

Pringles, BigM, shvedsucks and 2 others like this.
  10. HstnSprtsFan101

What is the word on Webster & Kareems mysterious injuries? so confused how they were out that quick. Webster made it 5 plays this week instead of 1..showing improvement

BigShasta and whag00 like this.
  11. Texanstradamus

He needs to retire

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

RBs mustered 13 yards today, 14 the week before. Run blocking has been really bad since the Cleveland game.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We played a 2nd and 3rd string RB and BOB makes it so obvious that he's going to run the ball that the defense knows it's coming. That's not a recipe for success.

deb4rockets and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. Texanstradamus

Secondary got torched last week and the week before that with those starters so eh
    And Watson pretty much had the game won but this fraudulent defense came up small yet again

CallMeTheDream and No Worries like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet Peterson could have done better, and people snubbed the idea of bringing him here cheap. Shoulda coulda woulda I guess.........sigh.

16. conquistador#11

is it the defense or the defensive philosophy all throughout the league. The eagles sent 5 once that entire comeback TD. We sent 4 all throughout the day. If the Saints don't provoke that fumble, Big ben was cutting through that butter. It annoys me. It's like the new version of the prevent defense sweeping defensive coordinators. To think, if we could have landed patrick peterson for a second rounder or even a late 1st would have been worth it.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

True. But on any given run play, offensive linemen needs to win out their individual battle, something they haven’t done well or at all the past 2 games.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

My positives from the game

1. Deshaun proves once again that if given the chance, he can get it done in the clutch
    2. Texans went on the road to a team playing for their playoff lives and almost puled it off
    3. The defense gave up big plays but also made key plays. the Cunningham/Reid fumble in the 4th down 13, the 3 and out with the Texans down 6
    4. Jonathan Joseph is a baller. Most thought he was done but he is currently the best and most reliable CB on the team (including Kareem and Matheiu), he just isn't fast enough for speedy receivers.
    5. The linebackers played their hearts out - McKinney, Cunningham, Cole, and Clowney.
    6. Aside from the Ravens and the Colts (even they barely beat the Giants), all the AFC teams are looking suspect.
    7. All the RBs looked bad but Foreman reminded us of the chemistry he had with Deshaun as a pass catcher.
    8. Hopefully in the playoffs, the play-calling will be different and the offense opens up earlier in the game
    9. Carter is now the #2 receiver. Not the most ideal situation but he seems capable.
    10. Deshaun is running again

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I was happy when we scored but i also knew we would lose because of the 2 minutes left. The defense folded and it was pretty obvious that it woud. This was a very winnable game that the texans pissed away several times. It was infuriating.

desihooper and rockets94-95 like this.
  20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every teams running game is very obvious. But the game plan should've been pass to set up the run in this game. The running shoot.