1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually rooted for the Colts, simply because I hate the Cowboys even more.

Kendrick Lamar, SWTsig and Astrodome like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a shame our winning will help them. I hate the Cowboys so much that I couldn't root for them to beat the Colts last week.

Rox Addict likes this.
  3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Good, MAYBE he can be a secret weapon for the playoffs. The longer we wait and the further he gets from that injury the better he will be, and there is no guarantee he will still be an NFL caliber running back.

solid likes this.
  4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The problem with hamstring injuries, especially with someone who has a lot of lateral movement to their game like Keke, is that it is very easy to re-aggravate a hamstring that hasn't been fully healed. They've brought Keke back twice too early this season, so I think they are taking the decision out of his hands and just letting him rest up for January.

SUBSCRIBE!

I'd be shocked if we see Foreman before the playoffs. Other than clinching the bye there is no reason to play him - but only Foreman, and the Texans' training and medical staffs have any clue.

My predictions for the game:
    • Roster: I think the Texans will probably take a fairly aggressive approach to the roster with the exception of Keke and Foreman, the bye is important but they both may be absolutely critical to any success that may come in January
    • Offense: Look for the young tight ends to be heavily involved and if Miller is out expect to see several WR screens, and maybe even Nuk shifting to the slot - or (hopefully) Akins
    • Defense: Look for Romeo to dial up the pressure big-time on Foles, as the only real weakness on defense is cornerback speed, so if they give Foles time in the pocket, Jeffery or Tate could have big games - Ertz is all but assured 100 yards
    • Texans Win: 24-20 thanks to at least two turnovers (or stops on downs) by the defense

solid likes this.
  5. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Do folks really think we’re actuslly going to win this game? I find that surprising. 10 wins in 11 games is impressive but cmon, we’ve played nobody in that stretch worth a damn save for the colts who naturally beat us soundly. On top of that, these are the Texans for crying out loud - perhaps the most pathetic “big game” team in the league since their inception. How many “statement games” has this team completely choked?? Too many to count.

This franchise has consistently squandered giant opportunities- no reason to think that stops tomorrow.

7. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I'm expecting a loss but will be watching closely tomorrow and hoping for a miracle.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not a fan of the negativity.

marks0223 and rockets94-95 like this.
  9. Texanstradamus

Baltimore or Steelers lose we clinch I spot I believe

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Lamar Miller OUT for the game. Looks like Foreman is going to play tomorrow.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No keke also

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

13. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

yeah, i'm writing this off as an L.

an opponent on the come up; we have largely benefited from an easy schedule. the eagles will win this.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans could win largely because they're not expected to win by the national media. Now if the Texans were the favorite by the media I would agree with you.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No one you say? If anything Philly would be considered no one as well, aren’t they a 7-7 team. We’ve played better teams than the Eagles or at least same quality. Cowboys, Redskins, Titans, Colts, streaking Browns, Denver in mile high. All those teams are objectively better than the Eagles or the same level.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The eagles are AVERAGE. Their secondary is HORRIBLE. Their offense has been average for most of the year. They played the Rams' D which has been BAD the last few games.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

They beat the Colts in Indy, beat a now 1st place Cowboys team, beat a 1st place Washington team at the time at their place and they are still in the hunt; Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland all still in the hunt. They were not soundly beaten by the Colts. Who knows what would have happened had JD not jumped offsides but I love my chances with Watson with a chance to tie or win the game had they gotten the ball back. Watson has yet to lose a game by more than one score.

Houston NFL history does suck, I mentioned in another thread how it's been 40 years since a Houston team has played in a conference championship game, that's embarrassingly inept. Watson is going to help us erase those demons.

jelanit likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno, with as many guys as they have out and Philly looking a lot better recently, it's going to be really hard to pull this one out. If they do it, it's a sign that their record is more than a product of a weak schedule.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I really hope Foreman gives us help in our running game and the oline plays average... just give us that at least.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

This feels like a playoff game.