1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

That play has been beaten to death here, so I don't want to get into it again. However, for the record I had no problem with the play call. I thought it was a brilliant call. It was horribly executed as we all saw. The TE was wide open in the back of the endzone, so it's not like it wouldn't have worked if someone was competent to throw the ball.

Since the Texans are underdogs against the Eagles they ought to try some razzle dazzle. Take some risks and maybe they'll come away with a victory.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Ain't that the truth!

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

reverse with jacoby might work. didnt we convert a first down with this play in recent weeks? cant recall

4. msn

msn Member

I respect that, but I do have a question concerning your next sentence (hope you don't mind!)....

do you consider CB competent to throw the ball? should the OC or HC know whether he is? If he is indeed incompetent to throw the ball, doesn't that make it a terrible, terrible call?

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pregame.

http://www.htownsports.net

Now that Samuel is out, I think this is our best shot to try and outscore them. I would put Quin on Desean Jackson and Kareem on Maclin. I think both players can break out (Jackson and Maclin) with this terrible D, but with the success Quin had last week, he'll have a little bit of momentum going into this game.

2 people like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Texans best defensive player tonight may be Arian Foster.

Pound it to him for 30 or 35 carries, and then throw deep to Andre a few times.

If I'm Kubiak, I hope to have the ball first. First play of the game is a deep shot to Andre to test out Samuels (or whoever is in to try and defend Andre). After that, steady doses of run to Foster. Take time off the clock with long, sustained drives. Every third or fourth play, dink it over the middle to Andre or Joel Dreessen. Don't depend on our defense to keep the Eagles off the board. The best thing we can hope for is our Defense holding the Eagles to a few field goals, and our offense scoring multiple touchdowns on long, sustained drives.

Remember, our season is down to one week at a time right now. Also remember, there are eleven days or so until our next game. Fight hard, fight strong. Get us a win tonight.

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

Kareem has been pretty good the last couple of weeks. We haven't heard his name much which is actually a good thing.

8. msn

msn Member

This. Will Kubiak out-stupid himself, though? Probably.

we can hope!

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Repped....exactly my thoughts. The best defense against these guys is the same route we should have taken with the Colts in game 2. Keep Peyton off the field. We didn't do it well last time, so lets do it with the Eagles. Take as much time off the clock as you can and run it down their throats and keep Vick chilling on the sideline.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Im not sure about that. He played fine against the titans because Rusty Smith was playing, he hasnt looked decent any other time

11. sammy

He was fine against the Jets. It was Quin who kept getting burned.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

kareem got burned plenty, I don't want him anywhere near DeSeason Jackson. Whether you think he played well or not, DeSean is incredibly fast and Kareem is pretty slow for a corner

13. msn

msn Member

not to mention he doesn't know how to cover.

14. sammy

re-watch the game then. it was quin who was repeatedly burned in that game. kareem got away with a pass interference on the edwards though..

15. Jet Blast

I personally didn't think Brown was competent. He fell out of favor with me with his poor play and fumbleitis. It's obvious the coaches thought he could throw the ball since that's what happened.

I thought it was a good time to try a play like the halfback pass. It was first and goal at the 5. If the play didn't work the Texans still had two more tries to score a touchdown. Of course, the worst possible outcome happened and they weren't able to recover from there.

1 person likes this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

you are kidding yourself if you think Jackson (kareem) can keep up with Jackson (Desean). the guy is flat out slow, he will be burned all night if they play that matchup

17. Jet Blast

http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans

18. msn

msn Member

you know you suck when the thermostat is the best statistic in your favor for hoping to win a game.

19. ketchupNmustard

Could someone post a good stream for this game? It'd be much appreciated.

20. RAY_GORDON_REID

TRANSMISSION 17:53 CST

RAY GORDON REID (ANNISTON AL 36201) NEWS PRESS SIRVICES

EAGLE CORNERBACK ASANTE SAMULE OUT KNEE INJURY VS TEXANS OF HOUSTON FOOTBALL.