1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Still can't believe all the people in here thinking this is going to be an Eagles cakewalk.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why should that be so hard to believe? Exactly what have the Texans done this season to inspire folks to believe they can beat a team like the Eagles?

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I can -- Eagles are #2 in the NFL in total offense and the Texans field the league's worst defense. Statistically speaking, the Texans have the worst defensive backfield of the last decade... doesn't bode well against the league's highest rated QB.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

How they played against the Colts....Jets....etc. Jets wasn't a win, but it was another last second choke job by our secondary. But, they had a chance to win.

Why wouldn't people believe we can beat them? There's always a chance. I'm not going to call a gurranteed Texans win or anything. But....anything can happen. :)

Go Texans.

Here's to Quin's broken hand!

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think you revealed Kubiak's endgame. 5 years of secretly planning and drafting, down the drain!

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They don't even have the worst secondary in the NFL this season, statistically speaking.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Amazing what one good game will do for the numbers. Reality is, they are pretty terrible. Quinn's 3 INTs reminded me of that cowboys-Steelers Super Bowl when that DB won the mvp for his 2 interceptions. They couldn't have been easier and he should have been benched had he not intercepted them.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Larry Brown, who was then overpaid by the Raiders for his services. Sorry moes.

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Based strictly on yardage (they allow 2 more YPG), but we've given up a league-leading 25 TDs through the air and opposing offenses rack up more yards/attempt. The Texans D benefited from a field day against a 3rd-string QB making his first career start. Prior to the Titans game, the CBS announcer claimed the Texans had the worst defensive secondary of the last decade. May be wrong, but I took his word for it.

10. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^Statistically, they're close enough. :mad:

25 pass TD allowed, 9 INT, 52 Pass Deflects, 0 Defensive TD, 6FF, 4FR. Obviously, that's not all on the DBs but they've clearly been a gargantuan weakness. Some things like your sig and blown coverages can't be measured.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think it will be a cakewalk, but I don't doubt that this will be the Eagles game to lose. I have a feeling they'll be in control for most of the game. The Texans will be in striking distance, as they always are, and it will probably turn into somewhat of a shootout by the 2nd half...but the only way the Texans win is if they win the TO +/- by at least two.

I'll say 17-7 Eagles at halftime, then the Eagles win 38-30 after fighting off an early 2nd half comeback by the Texans.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Eagles 24
    Texans 28

Rocket River
    time for the SAVE GARY'S JOB AND MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A REAL COACH ONLY TO TURN UP SHORT OF THE PLAYOFFS CAMPAIGN

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The only statistical category the Texans lead in is TD's surrendered, and 2 teams are within 2 of that total and another 2 are within 3. NE has given up more yards. Jacksonville has given up more yards per attempt and has the highest QB rating against. 4 teams have a higher completion percentage against. 6 teams have fewer interceptions.

I'm not saying they don't suck or in reality, aren't the worst pass defense in the NFL or in the last decade. Just that statistically speaking, they aren't even the worst this year.

14. msn

msn Member

but were they before last week? That's one hell of a statistical outlyer.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

My DVR listing for the CW broadcast does not have the HD tag. Does anyone remember how it was last time? If this is as bad as the preseason ABC broadcasts I'm gonna puke.

16. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Do you guys realize that we have to root for the Cowboys to win this week against the Colts, and if that doesn't pan out, We have to root for Titans to beat Indy. This makes me sick to my stomach.

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I'm not too thrilled with him being on Jeremy Maclin either. On second thought, Maclin is on my wife's fantasy team, so yeah, put Jackson on Maclin.

18. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

not really dude. not when you have the best interest at heart. make the playoffs no matter what. id cheer for the devil himself if he was playing against the colts, titans or jaguars

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daniels, Adibi out. Walter, Nading, Anderson questionable

20. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

In that case go Cortland finnegan