1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2011.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

David Anderson comes off the bench in the 4th to give the Texans the go-ahead touchdown and win 21-17, then performs a perfectly executed String-Dance TD celebration.

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

Agreed. I skimmed through one of Indy's game threads and they were absolutely livid about the consistency of our bootleg.

Only problem is, we gashed for 160+ yards rushing on 35 or so carries, while we ran the bootleg only what, 7 or 8 times? Our PA is indefensible if our running game is clicking. And we have the reigning rushing champ running behind possibly the best O-line in the world.

Whatcha gon' do Fishies?

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The PA against the colts wasn't even fair. Even the camera guys were faked out a couple of times.

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Some fins fans are saying the aren't worried since we won't have Walter just AJ, we won't put up that many points. Um Hello? Jacoby, Owen Daniels, Arian Foster?

5. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

how many career TDs does Anderson have?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He has 3 career TDs.

7. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

is there a reason why a few people were having an orgasm in regards to signing him?

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I know absolutely nothing about the guy

9. shutkip

shutkip Member

Yeah, like that TD pass to AJ80. I had no idea what happened until touchdown was called :grin:.

10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I wasn't being serious about the Anderson quote, but he could be a wes-welker light when used in the right situations, he has great hands just no speed

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's a good character guy. Matt Schaub's best friend. Dabbles in stand-up comedy occasionally. On the field, he's got good hands, average to slightly below average speed, very small size, but he seems to be almost fearless when taking hits. Sometimes you wonder how he's going to get up after getting hit the way he does.

I think people like him the most because of his personality, to be honest.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTJN5V0KZes?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTJN5V0KZes?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

1 person likes this.
  12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

#132 Uprising, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  13. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

He is now my second favorite Texan

14. conquistador#11

it's certain now that schaub was not healthy last year because that bootleg vanished out of thin air all last season, when in 2009 it was money. It worked so well that schaub could run play action bootleg in an empty backfield, and the defense would still take the bait.:p

Glad to see it again, the bootleg.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Schaub was healthy. He suffered because Andre and OD weren't.

16. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did not know David Anderson is awesome. Know now.

17. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Anyone take a look at the craptastic SI football power rankings? We're 12th, i know I know our game was against the Colts, but we looked good, real good. Also, they have the Jets ranked ahead of the Ravens?!?!

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Beat me to it. If you watch the bootleg, it's designed to essentially have two levels: underneath and over top. AJ mans over, OD under. Both players are exceptional at running to open space and have wonderful timing with Schaub.

It absolutely floors me how wide open these guys get, specially AJ, who sometimes doesn't look covered. This offense really is remarkably designed.

19. conquistador#11

DIdn't they say he had an injury last season, schaub?

20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I'd put them in the 8-12 range. Our first real test will be week 3 in New Orleans.