1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

$15 to the tipjar says you're wrong.

And I fully expect a decisive win.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Interesting (from Wikipedia): Of the 237 times a quarterback has earned 400 passing yards, 129 resulted in wins, 104 in losses, and 4 in ties. Since 2006, only 12 out of 40 400-yard games have resulted in a win (30%). Prior to 2006, 116 out of 194 resulted in wins (60%).

So there's some validity to it being a product of constant, desperate chucking, although the two that immediately jumped to my mind (Moon in '90 v KC; Schaub in '08 v. GB) were both victories.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

Not a betting man...and I'm not confident or rich enough to put up $15 anyways. :grin:

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Sucker bet, liljojo. The Texans could very easily build an early lead and coast, meaning no 350-yard day for Schaub, my fantasy team gets stomped for a second consecutive week and you're out $15.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, despite the Fins giving up 500+ yds passing to the Pats, I really want the Texans to pound it on the ground as much as is reasonable (especially if Arian is healthy). The Patriots were shredding the Dolphins secondary, but as someone else pointed out, the Patriots pass attack is very different from the Texans. I think the Fins will be much more prepared to stop our passing attack than they were New England's. But I also noticed that the Patriots did a pretty good job on the ground as well, they just didn't try it very often. I think we will be considerably more effective running the ball Sunday than we will passing. Just my prediction.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

We should be able to win this without Foster... I don't want him to rush back for a game like this. We'll def need him next week against the Saints. Hopefully the defense took some sort of blueprint out of Monday night's game and has a plan for that Miami offense. I'm expecting a win, nonetheless.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

To follow up on my last point, Lance put himself out there as guessing that Foster would be practicing by Friday and playing Sunday. Me (and my fantasy teams) will be operating under such an assumption.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

David Anderson has been signed per McClain tweet.

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

Called it. (along with everyone else in Houston)

10. conquistador#11

Awesome. That kid is like the prodigal son. As a fourth receiver, he's good and a great battlefighter. Glad to see him back.

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Ah man, I was hoping we'd sign Donnie Avery or TJ Houshmandzadeh.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The matchup against Bess worries me more.

13. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Anyone who thinks this will be a decisive game, does not know much about the NFL.

1. The Dolphins will not be able to stop Shaub/AJ, I also look to see JJ have a big game, maybe even another Punt Return TD, He will have alot of chances.

2. Shaub will make better decisions running the bootleg. Look for Casey and Tate, dont force it. Kubes play-calling and our weapons will be too much for any average Defense

3. Henne has never seen pressure like he is going to see on Sunday.

4. We scored 34 points in the first half. If the score would have been 34-28 at half, we probably would of racked up 50 points easy. Granted 14 of those points were off of turnovers, but take back our early TO where we were on our way to score.

5. Yes JJ looked like he may have needed to play in one more preseason game. But you bets believe that Marshall will not have his way with JJ.

Overall I expect similar results

14-0 - 1st Q
    24-7 - Halftime
    24-7 - 3rd Q
    31-10- End Game

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

That would be a decisive win bro

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

1) Stop using 'JJ' to refer to both Jacoby and Jonathan Joseph.
    2) Miami was a top 10 defense last year; they're no 'average' defense
    3) If Miami can put up 24 on the Pats, they can put up at least two TD's on the Texans. Our defense is not currently THAT much better than the Pats'.

I say we take it by a TD.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

27-13 Texans

Arian should play and may approach 200 yards easily on the ground

17. liljojo

liljojo Member

I thought JJ was Watt. We need proper nicknames.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Will the real Henne please stand up? Doubtful he's going to play as well as he did last week consistently. The Miami O line is very suspect. Also doubt the Dolphins D will look that pitiful.

Texans 36
    Dolphins 20

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Jones has been referred to as JJ since he's been here... now though with Watt and people referring to Johnathan Joseph as JJ - it's gotten confusing.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great to have him back.