1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't get to see the game today...out of town.

But HUGE win for the Texans!!!

2. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

You missed the Texans choke in the 2nd half. But a win is a win and at this point, I'll take it!

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

5. astros148

astros148 Member

a tmac hater in a texans thread....not suprised

6. MadMax

No, I followed the game enough on Blackberry to know what happened...and it's what the Texans do every week...play one half of football and then pray the defense holds on...pray that what they scored in the first half is too much for their opponent to overcome. Honestly, that's happened so much we all totally expect it. My son and I were talking about it at halftime...saying, "I hope 27 points is enough."

consistently inconsistent.

But if they can pull out another win next week, they may just find themselves in the playoffs...which would be a blast!

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's amazing to listen to people complaining about a road win against the defending AFC East champions, who had their season on the line too. It's like they think we were playing the Browns. Miami is a good team, and playing at home, they were going to make a run. New England took a big lead (not 27 points, but still) in Miami a couple of weeks ago, and ended up losing.

Fortunately, the Texans came out focused enough that they were able to withstand that run. That win was huge.

8. MadMax

I agree entirely. The inconsistency I've come to expect with this bunch. It frustrates me...but I'm much happier about a big week of football next week than I am disappointed in the half-to-half inconsistency.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Same here. Also, people have to give some credit to the Dolphins - it's not like the Texans are the only team they've done this against. Three weeks ago, they got down 14-0 and looked utterly terrible in the first half against New England - then came back and won, 22-21. Last week, they got down 24-6 in the second half at Tennessee - and ended up taking it to OT. They're a good team, and resilient when in early holes. They keep coming.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's amazing that a team that has no QBs or WRs worth remembering can engineer such comebacks.

11. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Good win by the Texans. Congratulations to Andre Johnson for reaching a new career high in touchdowns! He now has nine for the season.

Also, he is only the second receiver to have back-to-back 1500 yards in a season.

Johnson is a special player and when his career is over he will be in the top five in many of the key receiving stats. It's such a pleasure watching him and I appreciate that he's a Texan.

The Texans finished their road season with a 5-3 record. It's the best road record in team history. Even though they struggled at home, a winning record on the road is pretty impressive.