1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cowboys

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Even if this is the same old Cowboys (8-8) we've come to know, the odds are not in this team's favor playing in their house.

I'd say the earlier poster who said 30% chance for the Texans is about right.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too much offense for the Texans to try to shut down. Cowboys have the ground and the air so I expect the Cowboys win at home by 7.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly think it's more like 50-50. The only thing the Cowboys have going for them is their run game, every other part of their team is solidly below average. If the Texans can even slow that run game, the Cowboys pretty much have no chance.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Plenty homer-fied posts in this thread (at least the first 2 pages). People saying IF we stop DAL's run game. We haven't stopped anyone's run game this year. Teams have abandoned the run (for whatever reason), but we've stopped no one. Now we're playing one of the best running teams. Best hope is the new NT has caught more wind and can play more snaps and Cushing continues his progress.

Hope I'm wrong but, this one gets ugly

DAL 34
    HOU 17

5. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Yea Romo is gonna throw a pick six.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, plenty of homer Cowboys posts.

7. Fantasma Negro

Way too much cowboy love in here

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Houston 37
    Fallas 23

I think the mistake-free Fitzpatrick shows up this game because we will have a better line against an otherwise non-threatening defensive Dallas front 7. Arian Foster will run the ball well and get 3 touchdowns... one or two more will be by the defense. :cool:

¡¡¡¡VAMOS, TEXANS!!!!! :mad:

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Solidly below average?

Top 10 in QBR.

Top 10 in YPA.

Romo will Romo from time to time, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

I'm going to be shocked if we don't see Bryant blaze by Swearinger on the way to the endzone at least twice. And if we don't see it, then Terrence Williams and Jason Witten should be in for a nice afternoon.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

QBR is a garbage stat

Fitz is 5th in YPA

The Cowboys passing game is pretty much where the Texans passing game is....the difference being that the Texans have a pretty good pass D and the Cowboys are god-awful defending the pass. I see Romo trying to force a few too many passes to Dez leading to at least a couple picks. LOL, people just don't stop overrating the Cowboys do they?

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I always abbreviate QB Rating as QBR. QBR, the Trent Dilfer brainchild ESPN came up with to promote Tim Tebow, is indeed, bullshat. QB Rating, however, is not.

And where did this "the Texans are good against the pass" stuff come from?

Bob Griffin's corpse, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, EJ Manuel.

Not exactly a murderer's row of QBs... and the only semi-competent QB of that bunch picked us apart easily.

JJ Watt is fantastic against the pass. The Texans are hit-and-miss against it, at best.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, still I think that people are giving the Cowboys too much credit when it comes to the passing game. Witten hasn't been himself this year and basically all they have is Dez. The Texans have a lot more options when it comes to the passing game and they'll get to feast on a pass D that made the Rams' 3rd string QB look like a world beater.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Compared to the Cowboys, the Texans are the Seahawks.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

[QUO
    The Cowboys have, at minimum, an above average QB and awesome receivers. Do they count as part of their team?

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Compared to Fitzpatrick, Romo is Peyton Manning.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, by "picked us apart easily" you mean threw for 234 yards and 2 TDs....compare that to Austin Davis picking part the Cowboys pass D for 327 yards and 3 TDs.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They have an average QB and one awesome receiver. Compare that to the Texans that have a little bit lesser QB and several awesome pass options.....and then put it in the context of going against the weak Dallas D compared to going against the Texans much better D.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They have a pretty good RB who happens to be leading the league in yards. And our run defense is arguably our biggest weakness.

I think the game will be close, but I really hope the cowboys fall into their old familiar trap of throwing the ball 50 times and abandoning the running game. That would actually play right into our hands.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I also mean completed 75% of his passes, with no turnovers, for 8.4 yards a catch.

That was a QB who, in my opinion, sucks more than Romo.... who also has a worse running game to rely on than Romo.

Not thrilled about it.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, that's what I originally said they had going for, I was only talking about their passing game since someone tried to say it was worth a damn. If I'm the Texans I completely sell out for the run and force the Cowboys to pass, then I let the interceptions pile up. If I was playing the Texans, I'd have the exact same strategy.