1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cowboys

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 30, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No Bruce Carter,
    No Claiborne,
    depleted LB core.

Our RB's should have a monster day vs their defense. But the key will be to prevent them from running off and hiding. They are more than capable of scoring at will, and we arent. The issue is going to be mistakes. If the Texans make dumb mistakes, this will be a blow out loss for Houston. If the Texans minimize mistakes and force Romo to have to keep making plays, Tony will eventually fck and throw a pick. They will find a way to neutralize JJ this week, and therefore others need to step the heck up. If they do, the Texans win. Have a feeling this is going to be a high scoring game.

Dallas - 27
    Houston 35

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

They most certainly did. It was clearly their best defensive performance in awhile. Could be that the Saints aren't very good.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Claiborned was replaced by Orlando Scandrick.

Your projection of 35 is only valid if you're assuming the defense puts up 7 points. I've said it repeatedly this offense is geared to score 2-3 td and 3 FG maximum especially with a hobbling FOSTER. You think Fitz is gonna put up a 3td passing attack if the running game is non existent? doubtful

Also, other than Foster, the only running back is Blue, and he's still learning, so I doubt he has a monster game as in 150-200 yards.

Also, I doubt our defense gives up 27 points.

A more realistic score would be Houston 23- Dallas 13 or 16

4. benchmoochie

repped. I applaud your realistic projection given our offensive limitations.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Got to get the run game going Watt can't score TDs every week....

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Texans 23
    Broke Back Mountain Cowboys 21

7. Bob Barker 007

That's a pretty gay prediction!

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

huh?

Their DL is in shambles, and their weak LB core just lost Bruce Carter.

Dallas defense is as talentless as it gets.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is a reason the Bills HC went with a QB change...Manuel really had a chance to win...missed throws, didnt scramble like he needed to. His receivers also had a lot of drops. It isnt unreasonable to assume that a more accurate(relative to Manuel), mobile QB may give us some problems. People dont understand that Murray has led the league in rushing(with four consective 100 yd games, with 5 tds or so) and the Dallas OLine has been running the ball well so far.

Secondly, our secondary is totally suspect. The EJ Manuel throw to wide open WR in the Bills game shows that our 2ndary can be had. The Bills had a lot of chances were a better throw may have netted different results. Dez and Terrence are bigger and more talented receivers. JJo and Kareem will have their work cut out for them.

Finally, the knock on Dallas is their inability to tackle in space...Getting Foster, Blue or WR bubble screens may result in big plays...Time will tell, and we shall see.

Early lines: Dallas -6; over/ under at 46.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Obviously a thread with a lot of Texan homers.....

Cowboys offensive line is one of the best in the league. Twill and Dez are emerging as one of the top offensive duos. Murray is a top 3 back in the league. Dallas is rolling and I expect that to continue.

Cowboys 27 Texans 20.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think that is pretty realistic, maybe a bit conservative. I think the Texan's offense can score a bit on the Cowboys, but I don't think we can keep up with their offensive production. I think we can win with a couple of well timed turnovers, but if it becomes a "run up and down" the field kind of game, they have much more firepower. We will likely "Fitzle."

12. benchmoochie

Im glad you argued the point of Dallas putting up points. Yea they can air it out. I still don't see how you figure Houston will score 35 points without the defense accounting for 7 points of that.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Should be a lot easier to run against the Cowboys this week than against Buffalo last week. I think the Texans can score on the Cowboys, it just depends on if our offense can stop their run game. Make Romo toss the ball a bunch and I like our chances, allow them to run the ball down our throats and it won't be pretty. It won't happen, but I'd love to have Clowney back for this one, having that additional playmaker on the line would be huge.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

All I hope is this is one of those games where T. Homo throws 3-4 picks. Possibly a pick 6. If we can get the running game going we will be ok. Foster will have to put up 100+ rushing and 60-70 yards receiving to have a chance.

I think our D will be ok for the most part. I am skeptical about the our run D but hopefully they can get it together. Damn I wish Clowney was out there Sunday. It will be a tough game and I don't expect us to win by a large margin. I think we will need a few long FG's and some TO's down the stretch to pull this out.

In the end, I think we win 26 - 17.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Very impressive if they hold Dallas to under 20pts

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It would be impressive but I think for us to win, we have to hold them to 20 or less (SF did it). Unless Fitz has one of his one year wonders and throws 4 TDs then great. I'll take the win either way.

17. 713

713 Member

Texans are gonna win this game pretty handily. There's no way their defense can contain our offense or JJ Watt. It's going to be a blood bath.

Texans 31
    Cowboys 14

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It all depends on how they do against the run, Dallas' pass game is pretty much where ours is, their run game is the only thing impressive about that team at all.

19. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

Lol. TR posted a 138 rating a week after a 116.

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

No kidding .. Romo looked pretty healthy last game , much better than the first few .