1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Miami has been so jekyl and hyde, I don't know. They have nothing to play for so I am tempering expectations. They are at home so that is in their favor.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;We've been through, I don't know, maybe 45 quarterbacks in the last two years?&quot; JJ Watt. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/678697390254239752">December 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Weeden ran one first-team practice snap this week. It was a run. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/678696974498025472">December 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Miami got embarrassed last weekend against the Chargers. At home they will definitely want to win it, they are also playing loose. With a banged up Hasselbeck and Luck probably still out, the Colts should be worried about that game.

Tonight though? Go Saints. A Saints win tonight lowers Indy's chances.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Safe to say Yates was terrible. Stared down Hopkins everytime then under threw him.

Not really hoping for anything good out of Weeden, but his career qbrating is higher than Mallets, for what it's worth.

Hopefully he can protect the ball and be somewhat accurate

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Simple guide on who to cheer for for the rest of the season in order:

1) Cheer for the Texans to win.
    2) Cheer for Colts to lose.
    3) Cheer for teams that the Texans already beat to win.
    4) Cheer for teams that the Colts beat to lose.

Teams that fit both 3 and 4 don't matter.

7. DieHard Rocket

Exactly.

We want New Orleans, NYJ, and Cincy to win (teams we defeated)

We want Denver and Atlanta to lose (teams Colts have defeated).

That's all that really matters as far as the tiebreaker. Of course winning both of our games would make those games not matter. :)

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I just want to clinch next week. Allow the players to celebrate early, rest our guys Week 17, and allow the coaching staff to scout the Chiefs/Steelers/Jets a week early.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash">#Titans</a> QB Marcus Mariota is believed to have suffered a minor knee sprain, source said. With 2015 waning, might be Mettenberger from here</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/678932653505146881">December 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. DieHard Rocket

Poor Jake.

[​IMG]

JJ has 6.5 sacks in his last 3 games against Mett.

12. ABforPresident

You can't forget about JJ Moses;)

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Criteria 3 and 4 don't matter, as there is no circumstance where that tiebreaker will come into play.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm imagining that scene out of Remember the Titans where the Strong Side and Weak Side linebackers go back and forth at each other, getting pumped up. YEAH!!

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

every time he touched the ball--for both teams.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I thought if Colts beat the Titans and the Texans and Colts end up with the same record, they would have the same division record and the strength of victory tie breaker comes into play?

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Sorry, I meant that there is no possible way we can lose that tiebreaker, not that the tiebreaker wouldn't come into play.

Every circumstance that puts us into a tie with the Colts based on SOV has us winning.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's what I thought too, yesterday...but then I kept getting corrected.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I thought there is a slim chance that we could lose that tie-breaker if the teams we beat lose out and the teams Indy beat win out? Is that already impossible? I didn't work it out myself I just read it somewhere.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I worked it out last night. There is no possible scenario where the Colts can beat the Texans in Strength of Victory.

It's very simple for the Texans. Win one game and they're in.

If the Texans lose both games, the Colts can get in by beating the Titans in week 17.

Otherwise they're out. Whether the Colts beat the Dolphins next week is almost of zero consequence.