1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you're so salty about your boy Hoyer going down. It's adorable.

Anyway, we can all hope that this concussion by Hoyer is as productive as the last concussion he had when Yates came in to put the Texans back in playoff contention. This time around he can put us back in the playoffs.

I truly hope Hoyer is okay long term, but his concussions have been pretty much the best thing to happen to the Texans all year long.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Huh??

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You have reading comprehension problems. I was salty after the Buffalo loss. Actually I've been salty all year and been calling for bob to be fired.

Hoyer is irrelevant, he's just an average QB, standards of deviation better than Mallet and Yates

Let's see how Yates does. I like him as a backup, but will probably be as bad as your Mallet has tons of upside prediction.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how defenders of scrub players always try to say that they are "average" when they are clearly well below average. It's just like how people kept trying to sell Terrence Jones as an "average" player well after it was obvious that wasn't the case.

Anyway, you sir are clown shoes.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He has been average. I know numbers aren't your strength though

Cheap arguments and cheering for concussions is your forte

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Texans 24
    Colts 12

Yates going to have a good game
    Defense going to have a better one
    I say Joseph may get a pick 6

Rocket River

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This game is huge... Insert Trump meme.. Jk . The battle of two teams that are trying their best not to win the division

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I still have a bad feeling Luck is going to miraculously play and own us this Sunday. Colts are being tight lipped and noncommittal on purpose.

9. thejav

thejav Member

No point of making the playoffs if you aren't a viable contender. So we make the playoffs and get raped in the first round..is that a success? would much rather have the higher draft picks..hoping we lose to the colts and tank the rest of the way..really need a QB and an RB in the first 2 rounds..Just don't trust the GM to do anything viable is the off season in terms of Free agents..gotta get off this mediocre treadmill that were on..

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

When was the last time the Colts lost three in a row?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely that's success given that the head coach chose to enter the season with a garbage QB like Hoyer starting.

Also, don't underestimate the value of a team making the playoffs. It's demoralizing when you don't even get that mini accomplishment. Look at how some here view the Colts because they'd make the playoffs almost every year, the fact that they were nothing special in the playoffs most of those years meant nothing. Basically it's only NOT an accomplishment when the Texans do it according to some fans here.

Having a team winning the division and making the playoffs is good for team morale, there's no benefit to not making the playoffs with a .500 record when you could win the division with the same record.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

4 weeks ago.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Scratch that, 6 weeks ago

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Playoff experience is pretty big for a young player. I want Kevin Johnson and Clowney to experience the Playoffs because they will be a lot better players next season if they experience that. The Playoffs is also where you can evaluate your players in the best manner possible. Good players, guys worth keeping, differentiate themselves in the postseason.

This is not the difference between going 2-14 or 5-11, where it's way better to go 2-14. Making the Playoffs pays dividends for the players and the coaching staff. We might get raped but so what? The 52 man roster will be satisfied with the accomplishment and that just means they will go harder in the offseason to get better so they don't get humiliated again next season.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea exactly Carolina went 7-8-1 and won the division last year and look where they are now.

Not saying the Texans will take that path but i'm sure finishing strong last year and getting to the playoffs helped fuel them this offseason over losing their last few games going 6-10 and gaining 5 or 6 spots in the draft order.

16. thejav

thejav Member

Stop looking at this in a player's perspective.. they get payed millions of dollars to throw and catch a ball for a living..you would rather them play one more game this season and stay an 8-8 team for the foreseeable future .. So forget maybe drafting a franchise QB or RB..and maybe start competing for a title..Well this is Houston. so i suppose mediocrity is all we can hope for.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Can we end with using rape as a sports metaphor already?

Plus if the Texans make the playoffs, it means they end the season 9-7. Which means progress over that same record on a last place schedule last year. The players on this team need to play better. That is a good thing. It is not like the team is going to be totally replaced by 52 draft picks next year.

Being worse than the 49ers, Rams, and Browns are out of the question. Those are most likely QBs off the board. I'd rather get the o-line and defense to get better than to fight to pick first from Hack, Cook, and Cardale.

18. thejav

thejav Member

hmm.. i wonder what the main reason is that Carolina is so good..can't seem to remember the guy's name..i think carolina drafted him really high in one draft..i wonder how good was Carolina before they drafted him?? cant belive im forgetting his name...........

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea the Texans were in that same position 2 years ago but unfortunately unlike Carolina or Indy with Luck the Texans only had Bortles as a guy seen worthy of being that high...your point?

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bortles is actually looking pretty good.