1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that means we'll at least have a shot.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Not really. He's thrown 8 TD and 3 INT over his last 3 games. 14 and 4 over his last 5.. One poor game doesn't make him shaky.

He's going to pick apart the Texans.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How's the feel for this game in Houston? Is there a big buzz around town?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nope, just feels like another game.

The QB situation just kind of has everybody a little deflated right now. Even if we win this game, even if we sneak into the playoffs we still don't have a QB, so it just feels kind of like a season treading water. Malletts 2 starts had more buzz then any other game in weeks because there was the feeling that we may have a QB we can build around.

Fitzpatrick is just such a well estasblished scrub it's impossible to feel that way about him.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I guess that's your opinion.

I've noticed more buzz about this game... its sort of feel-good as nobody expects them to win, but everybody is fully ready for the avalanche of support that will occur if they do. Hell, this thread is already up to page 4 with no real story about the game other than the game itself.

I bet its the most watched Texans game of the season.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Heh, considering we played Dallas this year, that's a negative, Ghostrider.

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Yes they keep talking about how important it is and how they need to win in Indy. They are over hyping it. We are toast.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Fine, it will be the most watch Texans game by actual Texans fans.... not Cowgirls fans that are bewildered how their miracle season, where everything has come together perfectly, still has them out of the playoffs.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

disagree, yes the week has been clouded by the surgery news of JD but this past year's frusatation it's almost as if every on air radio host, fan, pretty sure the players as well want to let it all out this week. Can we make the playoffs still? Longshot but whos to say it can't be done?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is that we didn't waste a top pick on a different scrub QB like Bortles, Manziel, Carr, or Bridgewater. Not having a franchise QB sucks, but it sucks a lot worse to draft awful QB's and have to sit through years of poor play. Think about it this way, there isn't a QB in this year's draft class playing as well as Fitz has this year and it's not particularly close......that's scary.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

If we lose, Indy clinches the division and we're pretty much out of the playoffs, right?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think I speak for the entire city when I say we are hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Instead we spent it on Clowney....who has given NOTHING so far to this team....but the "potential"......when we're now worried about his return because of the seriousness of his surgery.

He was an athletic freak, and depends on his athletic ability like no other....and now the sad state his body is in.

I'm not a Teddy fan, but he seems to be playing better ball lately.

And we haven't even seen the likes of Manziel yet.....geez.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Feels like a playoff game. Buzz around town, but we know it's going to be damn near impossible to win.

But, lose and Indy clinches.....so do or die

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Being two games out, I think we're back to chasing a wild card spot.

16. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

So because they weren't number 1 pick material, that makes them all scrubs? And after 1 rookie season that hasn't even finished? My god, your either a Troll or just very slow to say that Fitzpatrick is better than ALL OF THEM. Since you won't even provide a shred of stats or anything to back up your claims, why don't I just take the cake here?

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 17 TDs 8 Ints 2,453 Yds 95.9 rtg. Not bad stats, but lets take a deeper look here. We have a decent O-line, a Dominant running back in Arian, and two studs at receiver with Johnson and Hopkins. Even with solid pieces around him, he can just barely do a decent job. Oh yeah, and 6 of his touchdowns came against one of the worst teams in the NFL, so there is that.

Derek Carr- 17 TDs 11 Ints 2,676 Yds 78.3 rtg. He plays for the Raiders. Let that sink in for a moment. The Raiders. Terrible O-line, Mediocre WR corps, A pair of aging and mediocre R-backs in Jones-Drew and Mcfadden(Although Murray is becoming a solid stud),and a Mediocre, old defense to go with that. Yet he puts up more yards and the same amount of Tds that Fitz has.

Do I really need to go on here? Look, im not saying any of these guys are the sure fire Franchise QBs. But im also not saying they can't be. Any of these rookies could be decent or great QBs, and any of them can be busts. But I won't reserve judgement on that until some years have passed. What I can say for sure is, ALL OF THEM have plenty of more upside the Fitzpatrick does.

1 person likes this.
  17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

We would need a lot of teams in the Wild Card hunt to lose. There is a possibility but we have to do our part and win the other games.

I truly believe if Dre is 100% to go Sunday we will win. Something will happen where we pull it off

They need to free my boy Posey tho

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Im glad none of the players are saying "this is the biggest game in franchise history" like they did vs the Pats in 2012.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In the last 3 games, Luck has 8 TDs and 7 turnovers.

Turnovers will be the key.

Of course, we have Fitzpatrick on our side...

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That is still about 2.75 Td's a pop.

Texans need to score over 30 to win.

Defense has been very fortunate with the turnovers this year.

I say we have a punchers chance.

That Vegas line should jump a bit more.