1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

7:30 Monday on ESPN. Announcers are the usual MNF knuckleheads.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

hate to say it but I think the Texans have seen 1st place for the last time this season....

Colts 34
    Texans 28

3. msn

msn Member

Texans struggle to score more than 14 as they can't get the Colts off the field. Manning could have another career day if he wants to, toying with our JV secondary at will, but mercifully chooses to let Joseph Addai jam it down our throats for 150 yards instead, running out the clock in the process.

Colts 34
    Texans 13

:(

4. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Peyton manning has been drooling all over film of the Texans "secondary" for a week already. Not good.

5. Landlord Landry

The Colts are missing too many pieces and couldn't stop Foster and co. if they had 14 players on defense.

I don't care how long Peyton has been looking at film. he doesn't play defense.

Texans - 37
    Colts - 27

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Have have a feeling about this week

Texans 34
    Colts 24

Colts defense is just too crappy right now and I think missing Clark will be more significant than people think

7. conquistador#11

The first play of the game will be a play action pass with Andre doing a double move and burning the colts Defense for an 80 yard TD. The Texans never look back.. =)
    Texans 52
    Colts 49

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

With Duct Tape being placed on IR, the Colts are now being held together with Scotch Tape.

We get our LT back, with fresh legs and hopefully some determination to make it up on the field. Our receiving corps should be 90% with the long layoff.

Losing Ryans stings, but like week 1, we should be in nickel nearly the entire time - this is a game where we can get away with a depleted LB corps. No Dallas Clark makes it even less of an issue.

No reason to be optimistic about the secondary, unless you want to believe that Kubiak's given them confidence by not bringing in better players. Best case scenario is that the coaching staff has been riding them all week to prove the critics wrong.

IMO, these are the two wild cards:

It's MNF. Both teams know it's not just another game. They both know the entire nation is watching. Only the Jags have rolled over and died, and Peyton doesn't let that happen.

We have one of the flakiest mindsets in the game - does the week 1 killer come out? The week 3 losers? Good Schaub or Bad Schaub? The 200 yd run game or the 70 yd run game?

With a defense this historically awful (everyone gets spotted an automatic 24 points), all the pressure is on the offense. They rack it up, we win. They go MIA, we lose. It's that simple.

In 4 games we've put up 30+ points (all wins)
    In 2 home games, we managed less than 14 (both losses)

Hate Kareem all you want, but he's been the same guy every week. Okoye has been a rag doll every week. The determining factor in wins and losses has been the offense.

I'm not sure that I buy this.

9. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

buy what?

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I see the first play to be an incomplete short pass. the second play a batted down long pass attempt and with no choice in third down, a shaub sack.

Then I see myself yelling "run the ball you have the best RB in the league. you are such an idiot kubiak". The it snowballs and we lose 27- 10.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No predictions from me, Colts are still dangerous even without Clark and Collie. I am afraid Garcon will have a huge game..

Go Texans, every game counts!

12. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

If it makes you feel any better, they are saying Addai will probably be out for the game, along with Dallas Clark and Austin Collie.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you know what's a good bet, traditionally:

road division dogs on MNF

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I see an epic beatdown of mass destruction.........Colts 38-Texans 9.......Kareem aint the problem anymore...Its everybody now

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Texans will win if they can get their running game going.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just added Jacob Tamme (colts backup TE) to my roster. Will he be starting?

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

we've got the chris brown syndrome, formerly the brad lidge syndrome . its in their head now. someone needs to get axed

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

MNF always seems to bring out the WTF games. So my call is that the Texans' and Colts' defenses both magically reappear, and the Texans win 10-6 on a Amobi Okoye Pick 6.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The Texans offense could be at it's best...ever, for this game. Got our LT back, Andre and Jacoby have had time to heal. Things we didn't have in the first game vs Indy and do now; OD is looking stronger and Ward in getting into the mix and making some big plays.

Texans 41
    Colts 31

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This could be a big wild card as well.

Colts are wet toilet paper against the run (4.8/carry) and we'd be fools not to try and let the run set up the pass. Peyton gets opposing teams away from the run by getting a quick lead. Critical that we run all over them and keep our defense off the field.