1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday Noon on CBS. Announcers are Solomon Wilcots and Kevin Harlan.

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I think the combination of Peyton Manning and the personnel adjustments at tight end are going to be too much to overcome this week.

Colts - 21
    Texans - 20

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i got a feeling...we lose by 4. :(

4. msn

msn Member

Colts are really, really good this year.

No shame in this loss.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

lots of glory in the win, though!

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Brian Cushing will crush the soul of something.

7. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Might be one of those high scoring affairs.

Texans 42
    Colts 37

If the Texans can somehow manage to beat the Colts and New England defeats them the following week, we will be only one game behind for the division lead. In week 11 Indy plays at Baltimore, which is no easy task, and we host the Titans on Monday night. There's a chance that our showdown with the Colts in week 12 will be for outright lead in the division.

Anyway, that's a little too far forward to start thinking about. As you watch football this weekend, here are the teams we should root for to help with the Texans playoff chances:

Giants over Chargers -- With Denver having a large lead in the West, San Diego is in the mix for a wild card.

Broncos over Steelers -- We want Denver to run away and win the West. The Steelers are battling for the North title along with Cincy and Baltimore. Cincy currently leads the division due to tiebreakers, while Pittsburgh is fifth in the conference. If the Texans beat the Colts and Pittsburgh loses to Denver, Houston moves into the fifth spot in the conference.

Bengals over Ravens -- Both teams are battling for the division. Right now it would be best if Baltimore lost so there would be more separation between the Texans and Ravens in the wild card race.

Patriots over Dolphins -- It will probably be better if New England won its division and then New York, Miami and Buffalo beat each other up.

Chiefs over Jaguars -- If the Chiefs can pull off the upset it would give more room between us and Jacksonville.

Those are all the games we should keep an eye on as the Texans try to make the playoffs for the first time.

1 person likes this.
  8. msn

msn Member

I would be literally beside myself for days. First win ever at Indy? And they were undefeated? That would be just sick.

But man, the planets will have to align in some kind of once-in-a-millennium order for that to happen.

Go Texans! Shock us all! :D

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Colts don't look like a 16-0 team to me.

They will eventually lose.

Why not to us?

10. msn

msn Member

Haven't the Colts quietly had one of the best defenses in the NFL this year?

Our defense has quietly gotten pretty good, too.

Remember how teams used to beat the Colts by running the ball for like 45 minutes and only letting Peyton have it for like 15 minutes? Hope we magically build on last week's rushing success against a bad rushing defense.

Hey, a guy can *hope*, right?

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Muck Feyton Panning. :eek: I hate his ass. Kris Brown makes the longest field goal of his career to win this one.

Texans 26
    Ponies 24

<marquee>:mad: ¡VAMOS, TEXANS!!</marquee>

12. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

My score is based on the special teams having a couple of big plays. Not necessarily scoring touchdowns, although that would be nice, but rather getting 60-70 yard run backs. With a short field the offense won't take a lot of time off the clock.

Also, Slaton (yes, Slaton) will break one open for a 50+ yard TD. Kubiak says in those NFL Network commercials that all he wants is a 50 yard breakaway. Well, he going to get one this week. :cool:

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Going to be a TOUGH game. Colts are having a great year, although they haven't exactly looked unbeatable (like the 49er's game last week).

Just maybe, the planets are aligning for the Texans to have their biggest win in team history.

Our Defense has gone from the worst to one of the best, if not THE best against the run in the last 4 weeks or so. Aren't they allowing something like 49 yards a game since their terrible first couple of games.

Really looking forward to this game, and then our Monday night game....but man that's a long wait.

Let's Go Texans!
    Cushing time! Super Mario sack time! Moats 2 TD's. Schaub 3TD's.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Damn, I'm going skiing on Sunday, I'm gonna miss it.

15. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

I am going to need soem of that optimism juice for this one. It does not look good.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

17th vs the run and 7th vs the pass...so middle of the pack.

Texans will need to able to run the ball and stop there running game and even then look at the Dolphins/Colts game.

Heart -
    Texans 31
    Colts 27

Brain -
    Texans 24
    Colts 21

Texans FINANNLY WIN IN INDY!

17. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Colts 44
    Texans 7

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Texans will keep it close the entire game. I wouldn't be suprised if we pull this one off.

19. msn

msn Member

Ah, thanks. A bit above middle of the pack, but not quite so intimidating anyway...

pshaw.

msn's heart: Texans, 56-3
    msn's brain: Colts, 24-13

msn's brain wants to be wrong. :cool:

20. conquistador#11

Game of the century! The good news... our team is progressing every week, correcting mistakes that in the past have held us back. The bad news...#18 and his quick release.

I say the running game will show up again for 200 yards on the ground. Let's go victory formation!