1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chargers 9/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Sep 5, 2013.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I ended up staying up to watch the game...had to work a little anyway and wow, after the first half and 3rd qtr TD from Rivers I thought it was over...Cush made an awesome play and the D finally got it togther and thankfully so did Schaub

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just want to leave this here for the chump ass coward who left reputation without their name saying I was bad mouthing the Texans. Texans were playing like **** but I still thought they could come back. I posted that in the 50s when the **** was hitting the fan.

/rant

3. Summer Song Giver

The refs had our back tonight. There were numerous questionable calls late that went our way highlighted by the completely bizarre roughing the center call. Point of emphasis or not, I challenge anyone to point out a legitimate reason for a flag there.

Bottom line the NFL gift wrapped that win for us (a Brian Cushing stuck on the bow).

I've long had issues with many aspects of this team and last nights "best victory ever" did little to resolve many of them. About the only thing I found out of character for the team last night was Schaub's ability to move in the pocket and avoid going fetal at the first sign of a pass rush. I still don't see this team beating the elite teams because in those games you better believe all those questionable breaks we were getting will be going the other way.

New year, same old Kubiak led team.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh, please. The second holding flag on Jean, which wiped out a first down and forced a missed Houston field goal, was complete bull****. Jean was trying to block (legally) and got knocked to the ground... the only obstruction to the defender was his flailing body.

Also, on the final two San Diego TDs, one came on a reversal in which there was not indisputable evidence (ESPN themselves admitted it looked like a tie -- does that sound conclusive?). The other came when an official threw a flag for offensive pass interference (an illegal pick), then magically decided he didn't see anything and picked it up.

Oh, and what about the Brice McCain pass interference (which set up the second San Diego touchdown)? The flag came out about five seconds after the play... that's a direct result of b****ing and moaning from the crowd and sideline.

We could go round and round on this. The bottom line is that there were plenty of questionable calls in both directions, as there are in most games. The officials did not "gift wrap" the game for the Texans. :rolleyes:

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The same old Kubiak-led team that has won 2 Division crowns, gone 22-10 over the past 2 seasons, and had the best comeback in franchise history in an hostile environment on national TV? It's statements like these that I simply do not understand. If you're unhappy with this team, and what they did last night, what's going to make you happy? I have news for you....only one team wins the Super Bowl every year. All you can do is put yourself in a position to be one of the teams that gets invited to the dance, and this "same old Kubiak-led team" has done just that.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The fake punt brought a tear to my eye so that makes me think that Kubiak is not as conservative as years past. Also, we went for it on 4th down too when it wasn't a must.

We came out flat, which has become routine. Or sometimes we switch it up and come out flat in the second half as someone mentioned. Either way, this tale of two halves must stop for us to take the next step.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was still a dumb thing to say. Even when they were doing the "sugar" huddle (I really hate that term... its a Dilfer-ism), they were still going to have to run the ball some. The fact that he backtracked is more indicative of the common BBS poster here, or a common fan... not somebody being paid to be an impartial analyst.

The main thing that irked me was him claiming a team's game plan to be "arrogant". As if they need to conform to what the talking heads think they should be. Really weird choice of words there, as if he was taking it personally. Also didn't like the constant "think they're super bowl team" comments... if he doesn't think they are, just say so. But continuing to refer to their super bowl chances as, "that team thinks they are..." was ultimately condescending and pretty amateurish (hell, every 1-0 team "thinks" they're going to do well at this point).

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I watched until the middle of the 3rd. When Chargers went up 28-7, I called it a night. Imagine my surprise when I read the headline in the morning.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... until they do win a game against an "elite" team like Denver or Baltimore (as they did last year), and then the new run of excuses will come. I could easily see them beating Seattle and New England this year as well (home games).

Only game I see as a clear underdog is the San Fran game... and even then, I doubt they will take the Texans for granted like the fans are here.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I'll be glad when the pillow biting fans around here finally stop following the Texans.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

FYI

- Largest comeback in Texans history.

- 1st franchise win vs San Diego.

- AJ's 19th career 10+ reception game (NFL record)

- Cushing's 1st career TD

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you even here? Thought you were done with this team

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol at everyone on their high horse because fans were shxtting on their team early. people get emotionally involved in this and the team they root for was getting embarrassed on national tv. not everyone can be calm in the face of an asswhoopin and blindly be a rah rah cheerleader. people say stuff about kubiak and schaub and you guys act like it is only confined to the yesterdays game. people have been wanting schaub/kubiak gone for years now, i guess a week 1 comeback win proves these guys are the real deal.. this has happened before, some of us wont change our opinion on the two until they are hoisting up the lombardi. yesterday schaub did some things hes been historically bad at, redzone passing and extending plays, his ball placement was still questionable and his decisions on a couple of those underneath 3rd and xx throws..

1 person likes this.
  14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Here to b**** about the win since we didn't lose.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still can't believe Keo actually made good plays last night. Had that nice shot on the WR, fake punt run was good and he had a really nice block on kickoff that helped break Martin on the outside.

16. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

I'm happy for Keo finally contributing, but all I'm hoping for is that he serves as a buffer to keep Swearinger's rookie mistakes to a minimum before Reed comes back. Keo's ceiling is still very low and if he is playing defense for us past week 6 something has gone very wrong. Hoping he can clean up his special teams play from last year and be a consistent contributor three.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Do you realize, that with this kind of criticism, there isnt one QB in NFL history that you would be happy with? I mean, come on, at some point, the almost blind hatred for Schaub has to stop.

Watch Brady and Rodgers play...I can tell you now that on those incompletions, their ball placement was questionable and their decisions to attempt those passes were even more questionable...and people want to call them elite, lolololol.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

His ceiling might be low...but that ceiling might be good enough if the rest of the secondary is doing their job. Im happy to at least say that we saw some sort of ceiling from him, because for the last few years, ive seen nothing but the floor.

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Valid point. If the front 7 play well enough, Keo's mistakes won't be noticeable. I'm happy to see anyone turn the corner, especially someone with such a spotty track record thrust into an important role.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Keo even had a good block on the Cush INT convoy to the endzone...sorta, he got trucked end over end

Btw, Travis Johnson's agent must have Jedi powers for him to get so many media gigs at the moment.