1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2009.

1. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea.........

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I saw Warren Moon get mentioned, the all time leader in FUMBLES LOST and TOTAL FUMBLES. He's in the Hall, though he's given away as many games as he's won.

How the hell you supposed to evaluate these guys when some QBs are masterful at passing. But then you got the Michael Vick and Vince Young types with good career winning %s and they cant hit the broad side of a barn with their throws?

Just means there's more than 1 way to win, more than 1 factor goes into it. Mark Sanchez isnt as golden now that his team's defense is getting carved up. Also you can have a swiss cheese defense but if you cause a lot of turnovers you can win.

My opinion on the last goalline drive that came up empty, to me it spoke a little something that on 2nd down they PUT the play into Shaub's hands to make a winning play. They figured that was more high % instead of the running game. That either means they cant trust their running game for crap, they thought their play call for the situation was good, or Shaub is trusty enough to convert, not some choke artist. I'll go with a little of the 2nd and 3rd option. Which means GET THAT RUNNING GAME FIXED.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Tom Brady is a three time Super Bowl Champion. Only an idiot would try to compare Schaub's stats through five games with Brady's stats through five games and conclude that Schaub is a top five QB.

I showed Schaub's numbers are meaningless because he racked up against bad teams and now you post the same damn stats to prove to me Schaub is a top five QB. Are you just insane?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

there is no winning with you. People are using the EXACT same argument you have but your are just dismissing them.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Longtime fantasy owners of Matt Schaub know that health questions aside, he is easily the most underrated quarterback in the league. You bench Schaub because of matchup concerns, you will live to regret it.

*still regretting benching Schaub last year because he was going up to Lambeau in -40C weather against one of the toughest pass defenses in the league then. He should play in frigid weather more often, because he went nuts for 400+ yards and like 3-4 TDs or something.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah. That dude is carrying me in two of my leagues. First in both. It helps that I got him in like the third or fourth round.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Oh he is FF gold, in the games that he plays. I have him in two leagues myself, and was mad that I couldn't snag him in the 3rd (another guy from Houston took him).

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

14. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

It is funny to hear everyone's opinion's on the matter. The same people go on about how great Peyton is and how he's automatic. The crazy thing is that just a few years ago people were doubting he had that big game ability in the clutch. Same can be said for his brother who almost was let go by the Giants before they went on their run to the championship.

Those cases can be made against most players. Matt has done great this year and has either brought us back or kept us in games. If the defense was consistent at all, I think many here would be singing a different tune. Plus if we had any type of rushing game this year.........forget aout it.

You can't even really say that its all AJ cause Matt spreads it around and makes David Anderson and Andre Davis look good. Not saying they don't have talent, its just that at some point you have to not only complement the receiving corps, but the guy throwing them the ball as well.

Maybe Kubiak has it backwards. Perhaps he should take the reigns off Schaub earlier in the game and maybe that could help the run. At this point we can't do much worse.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've been saying this since preseason, but we just come out with the same tired game plan every week.

Kubiak is stubborn to say the least. I just wish someone would point out to him that the 2 superbowl teams were at the bottom of league in rushing last season.

I don't care about creating an identity or mentality. All I care about is getting the ball in the endzone. I mean this in goal line situations as well.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It is pretty simple, the more Schaub airs it out, the better the offense plays. The running game opens up and our passing game is one of the best in the NFL, so they also score point. I don't understand how Kubiak still doesn't get this. If he would have done it earlier in the Arizona game, maybe they would have scored in the first half. Instead, he waited till it was too late.....again.