1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not saying it is ALL his fault...I agree they need a running game....and to me, much better play calling....

But Schaub makes crucial mistakes, and repeatedly....

DD

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I don't understand all this love for Eric Winston. I know he is a media darling but he isn't that good. He is always getting beat and his run defense is not great. Kinda reminds me on the media treat Lance Berkman. Duane Brown get's a lot of crap from people especially Lance Zierelin and John Harris. They still think the Texans should have drafted Quentin Groves who stinks. Brown has played very well for the most part this season.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are completely ignoring the 3 times we ran the ball on the goaline and were unable to get one yard. Matt had one throw down there, and you're blaming that on him when the Oline and HB had 3 tries and failed all three horribly. Ignoring that Matt got us down in the redzone also along with Daniels his WRs.

It IS that complex. You fail to convert easy yardage...that results in the Cards getting the ball back and scoring.

You can't go to the last play and say "Hey that play and that one only cost us the game."

Also Matt didn't make that Pass with no pressure, he was scrambling trying to find a guy to get the first down.

The Oline and HBs cost us this game, I've never seen a team fail so many times at getting one yard like the Texans week after week. 3rd and one is the WORST situation for this team because logic says "Run the ball up the middle" something this team completely fails at.

They had 3 tries at the end to get one yard for the Tie, forget all the other times they failed to get one yard for a conversion...this was for the game and not once did they even get close enough to where it could be challenged and overturned.

The Reason Matt didn't cost the game because his throwing put us in the game.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's part of the game...a QB will make mistakes, particularly a young one who is so good at hitting ALL his targets and throwing the ball DEEP down the field.

Schaub will learn, it's part of the maturation process. I already see him much better than last in protecting the ball.

The stats bear that out... he just has no help at this point. It would be nice if the Texans could hold the opponents to under 20 pts.

But its ok, I give you permission to hate him all you want. I just disagree.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

To me it's...who makes the most mistakes and plays the worse.

He put us in the game, had we got a bit of help from our running game or our secondary in the first half (who didn't show up to play until the second half) this game is won.

Matt did his job today, time for some others to pitch in.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

How about trying to use James Casey on short yards situations? He did it at Rice and was pretty damn good. However Chris Myers and Kasey Studdard stink so I doubt it would help.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's what happens when you tend to only look at ones mistakes, and ignore EVERYTHING else.

Nobody will look good when you do that.

Schaub has shown more poise and moxie this year (and its only week 5) than he has shown throughout his career. He hasn't put it all together yet... but I'd say its way to premature to think he won't ever be a QB that can consistently lead a 4th quarter drive to victory that he faile dto do today (and did do in Tenn.).

Again... the more you worry about the QB, the more you are ignoring the other problems that are more pressing.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

explain repeatedly

I think Antoine Caldwell needs to get a shot, the guys was a 3rd round pick and a great college player. All 3 interior lineman are terrible, particularly Myers

9. Chamillionaire

slaton would have gotten in, 4 quarter back sneaks would have gotten us 6. unbelievable, terrible play calling and personnel decisions by kubiak. he needs to go. we need a new qb.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

:facepalm:

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you and DD should get a room.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man team has such horrible luck. I'm missing Pitts, also the guy was the voice of the lockeroom :(

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If anyone sat there and watched the entire game and came to the conclusion that our most pressing need, or at least the loudest b****ing point, needed to be replacing Matt Schaub than they're a complete idiot. He made a mistake but he hardly needs replacing and is far from the biggest problem.

Get the F#$k out of here.

- Eddie Murphy

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea.........

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Depressing game.

The first half, was awful....so much so that I hit record on the DVR to get up and get a few things done around the house. I returned and hit play (knowing if I was going to have to sit through a crappy game I wanted to FastForward the ads) and bam. They were back in it, got my hopes up high....then....ugh.

Another loss at the goal line. :eek:

Glad they showed some heart and made the comeback, only to lose it late.

16. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

Its time we revisit the "Fire Kubiak Thread" Schaub isn't the problem.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wow, I just saw on nfl.com that Schaub is leading the nfl in TDs and is 2nd in passing yards

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Slaton would not have gotten in. Slaton cannot gain yardage with the entire front 7 on him and no blocking.

The reason why the Texans cannot pick up 3rd and short plays is that WE HAVE NO FULLBACK.

Until this team gets a bigger back that can move the pile for a yard, we will continue to lose games like this.

I cannot fathom why they have not tried Leach in this situation.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Get rid of him. He's clearly the problem.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Ronnie D would have gotten in. Fo sho!