1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2019.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But it feels like 2-27.

pgabriel likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Your statement sounds like BoB is always good at closing, especially when leading @ half time. So what happen if hes behind? Is he still good at closing? Hence y i disagree cause the man isnt great when behind @ halftime.

Closing in my opinion is crunch time management which BoB sucks at.

I did acknowledge thats hes solid at preserving leads.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He has a winning record

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Closing games and preserving leads r 2 separate thing.

Good at closing game assumes that BoB is good at both coming from behind to win and finishin off games in crunch time when ahead. Hes garbage at time management and has many questionable calls. Unless u have his stats on his record coming from behind, u caNt outright claim hes good at closing games bc u might just b half right.

I do acknowledge that hes good at preserving lead.

#1024 DatRocketFan, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Coming from behind and not closing games are separate issues. That being said im sure he is competitive at coming from behind because his record is good

You cant b**** your way to it being bad

You're b****ing about closing the last game saying Tampa could have come back. So i gave you that so you start b****ing b****ing b****ing till you get something right

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The fk?
    How r closing out games and coming from behind separate things? Elaborate your thought process here please. Both requires a coach to reach a positive outcome no?

Why r u so defensive about BoB? All i did is reject your statement of BoB not being good at closing out game bc hes not.
    If hes so good at closing out game why is there always people complaining about his sht time/clock management and how games are ended?

To u winning justifies the mean = every dumb call BoB did during the game is justified as long as he gets the dub.
    To others, we want a solid victory = we dont want to watch our coach consistently bumbling around and struggling with basic time management and just get a solid win ending it without any problems.

U ignore my post by assuming via normal season record, are u also gonna assume BoB is bad in playoffs cause of his shtty playoff record?

U can suck BoB dick all u want, but y get so angry if people disagree?

#1026 DatRocketFan, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im not emotional other than tired of the b****ing win or lose

Closing means you're winning. You're complaining about a game he was winning. The fact you dont understand that is just more proof youre ignorant about football

Why is coming from behind different from finishing while leading? Is that a serious question? Ignorant

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

To me, closing out means regardless if u r fking ahead or fking behind u will end the game w/ a dub. There more than one scenario to close out a game is what im saying.

Your claim is BoB is good at closing out, post data 27-2 when ahead as evidence.
    I disagree bc closing out isnt just when u r ahead only but acknowledge BoB is solid at preserving leads.
    U failed to provide data of what happens when BoB is behind and make an ignorant assumption to counter.

U rage and call people ignorant, just provide the data or stop getting buthurt when people challenge your opinion.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you don't understand coming from behind is exceptional then you don't know ****

Period

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@DatRocketFan

They have records on greatest comebacks fir a reason. Category of its own for a reason

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It seems to me your main criteria for "good at closing game" is simply gettin a win. If so basically every coach with a better winning percentage than BoB is also good or even better at closing out.

Like is that how u differentiate those coaches then? Just look at the Overall record?

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

yah especially when we act like a team getting the ball back at their 10 yard line with 20 seconds left and no timeouts as a game we almost lost at the end lol

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk, people r more upset that we even gave the bucs the chance which was preventable. People tend to gloss over stuff like this, understandable the outcome was favorable in the end but y risk it?

Its like if u r 99% guarantee of a victory y b careless and give the enemy any chance at all?

A negative action that has no effect today, doesnt mean if repeated next time there would b no consequences. I do hope BoB doesnt brush off his actions like u guys and learn from it.

STR8Thugg and eliefor3 like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

he DEF needs to improve some of the decisions. not making excuses for him (bc I totally agree he could have ended the clock better) but with both the titans and bucs game, the other crazy thing that stopped the clock was injuries to Texan players. In both cases the clock was stopped with a Texan getting hurt which would have also ended the game sooner. There was also the crazy call where they gave the receiver forward progression and ruled him out of bounds which gave them the first and clock stopped.

I digress, I was specifically talking about why it feels like we are 2-27 in close games.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This started out about him winning and risking losing

Coming from behind is noted in record books because its exceptional. Regardless, in recording games they are separate. I dont put those stats on television therefore im not the only person who notes that

Have you seen coming from behind numbers? If so, why is it separately noted.

I don't mind continuing stupid arguments

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@DatRocketFan

Do you think i researched his record leading at the half or the nfl?

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL Did you read the post?

1. It talked about how much OB loved Tom Savage. Might not want to bring that up in your OB defense.

2. Lombardi speculated that it must have been Rick Smith. No facts. No report.

3. OBrien didnt meet with him. He didnt know the guy personally, doesn't mean he didnt watch tape. You know who else he didnt meet first? Ryan Mallet. You blaming that on Rick Smith too?

19. Texanstradamus

Watson need to cut down on Int

raining threes likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Rick Smith was in charge of player acquisition. He chose to sign those QBs on the roster.

raining threes likes this.