1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They have to pull the plug. It would have been nice if could stay healthy

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Also love the smug BOB hater refrain of we want championships you guys are satisfied with mediocrity.

The argument about playoffs for BOB and the franchise is that both have been good. Of course ww all want more, save me that arrogant hey i want the best attitude.

The Browns are the Texans contemporary as a franchise. Not saying they only have to match them but the Browns are a bad franchise Revolving coaching door is a sure way an owner sabotages a franchise. See Dan Snyder who ruined a great franchise with that dumb ****. Saying the franchise is bad is stupid shortsighted ignorant fandom. Period

#962 pgabriel, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    No Worries likes this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

Live look at Will Fuller. Has there ever been a Texan that week in week out gets hurt this much on non-contact injuries?? This is getting stupid.

[​IMG]

Red.Glare likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB has been sht in playoffs (1-3). All hes good for so far is getting division titles and getting into playoffs (the bare minimum for average coachs) to get ass blasted.

U seem to b content with just getting in and participating, while others want us to compete and make a legit attempt at winning it all. Winning it all is hard, true but we are sure as hell not gonna go far with the way we been playing lately.

This game we forced Six turnover yet we only outscore them by 3 points is a pathetic performance by BoB, the offensive guru. We still are struggling to score in the first quarter/drive.

Yet we have people here ignoring how sht we are at offense and praising the team for a good overall record/season.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im content with having a better big picture vision than you and having better perspective

Im not content with having this stupid ass argument every week
    Glutton for punishment. Still hit me with i want more arrogant know it all stupid fan **** after i just addresed it. Good lord

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Bigger better picture would b firing the mediocre coach and hiring someone that can actually maximize our teams offensive potential. We have yet to have a top 10 offense under BoB's tenure.

U think keeping BoB is better for us long term? More like u r just happy with winning division titles and nothing else. But i guess in your mindset that better than being a fan of team that doesnt win anything at all.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know revolving door coach positions always work

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like i said u r fine with winning division title even if it means sticking with the same coaching staff that has yet to do anything in playoffs which is better than getting new coaches and not making playoffs, right?

U seem to fear the revolving door coach position (understandable) but long term wise, if we never get rid of this incompetent coach and find a proper coach=> we are gonna end up similar like Jason Garrett and the Cowboys. Solid to get into playoffs, quick eliminations and uber low chance to win it all.

A team should always strive to improve their chances of winning, replacing a hc is a legitimate strat not keepin him and hope he will improve with time.

In six year even with all the power BoB has and is given, he has yet to produce a top 10 offense.

Im emphasizing top 10 offense because he was brought in as an offense guru + our defense isnt as good as it used to be.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They’re in a good position to build and win going forward now that they have a great QB, a talented O-line, and cap space.

O’Brien’s clock started when he developed Watson, whether you like it or not. They’re 0-1 in the playoffs An early exit this year could definitely lead to a change. A win or couple of wins likely keeps everybody intact.

pgabriel likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who says it cant ever happen? Hate long ass posts putting words in my mouth. Dude is third year with team's first franchise qb.

They were putting unreal numbers up before rookie injury. But i got to read ignorant coach holding him back **** every week

The duane brown loss set franchise back. Got to read ignorant fan **** about Tunsil transaction. He had to tell Clowney about trade because miami wanted him signed. Got to read stupid fan **** about that

Makes playoffs playing first place schedule. Got to read ignorant **** about that.

Team still not ready roster wise but its about improvement

Im proud of my long-term perspective and am sympathetic to ignorant shortsightedfanomitiss

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

How many more season do u give BoB then w/ your long term perspective? 6 season is absurdly long for a coach whose only accolades r division titles.

What do you count as an improvement? We already won division titles multiple time, whats next winning divisonal game, b patient few more seasons under BoB and aim for conference championship?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Week to week. He ruined defense arrogant BoB hates Clowney

Next week. Only won cause of defense

Good lord

houstonstime likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Till team stops improving. This offense is awesome with Fuller. Has been since day 1. Its a real setback. Im confident about beating Bills but going further honestly im not

On Fuler, i don't give O-Brien a full pass. Shouldn't be so dependent on one guy especially now given his history. However he did get Stills.

Sometimes everything falls in place on good timing. O'Brien had good defense but no qb. He worked around it. He is working around this.

Denver was very disappointing. I thought his strength was game prep but that being said in game adjustments have been good.

I like how he sticks to plan and changes right before game might get out of hand. Its something i didn't think he did well.

Next year i would like to see Fuller free offense do well

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. With who? You? Cal?

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We just cant have nice things.

No Worries likes this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

this statement is exactly why I could be labeled as a bob sympathizer. I, for one, would probably be more happier if we replaced him next year than if they brought him back. I would however be okay if he came back (as in I don't thnk he HAS to be fired) as well so that is where I stand.
    But some of the hardcore anti BOB people say things that to me make no sense. How can you say the minimal expectation for a AVERAGE coach is to make the playoffs and not do anything. Average coach is middle of the pack, which means an average coach is around the 16th best coach. It is impossible for the 16th best coach to make the playoffs most years because only 12 teams make the playoffs. Furthermore you are saying the bare minimal for an average coach is to win division titles, considering there are 8 divisions, an average coach would not be routinely winning divisions.

it is very debatable that based on the Texans records make him average coach much less someone who has accomplished the bare minimum of an average coach.

I am not saying be happy with winning divisions (bc we all know that is going to be the next point made). I am again going to emphasize that I would be okay if they got a new coach next year, but I think we dismiss winning records and division wins around here alittle too much

No Worries likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Seattle had an awesome defense and Marshawn Lynch. They got Russell Wilson went over the top. It stayed together for Wilson. They got the best qb in the Griffin/Luck draft. Carroll gets all credit

Harbough, now that guy's better than BoB but that guy has the best gm damn near eva in Newsome. Already won twice with team built around a linebacker. Awesome franchise. Texans arent there but BoB has shown he can adjust and find talent. Ill be patient

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Bro when grading a coach theres sht, below average, average, above averag3 = good, great. U r taking average literally.

R u telling me u believe BoB is a good coach then? Getting into playoff is possible for a average coach, its not set in stone that the 12 best coaches goes into playoffs.

U should also factor playoff results when judging a coach. I wouldnt consider a coach good if all hes good for is getting into playoffs (jason garrett). Do u consider a coach good if he constantly gets eliminated in playoffs? Hence y i set it as bare minimum for an average coach to get in.

We throw debatable terms to judge BoB, but the fact stands that it doesnt seem like hes the one to maximize our offense potential. Posters have shown with data that he has yet to create a top 10 offense team. A man known as an offense guru that cant produce a great offense is incompetent in my eyes.

I do admit i am dismissive towards division titles and winning records (greedy fan), but in the scheme of things it doesnt feel like a successful season if we get ass blasted in playoffs on national tv.

eliefor3 likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our defense is sht, but somehow it did better than BoB offense this game. Six forced to is nothing to scoff at yet best BoB offense could do is outscore the opposing team by 3 points.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Obrien's offense with Watson and Tunsil and his handpicked players everywhere else scored 1 TD against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.