1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I havent said anything about Blue yet, but he definitely showed promise, he really stepped up.

I really liked that he said in the post game interview that he ran hard bc he knew his teammates were counting on him. I think this is why OB has been calling him a 'big team guy'. I dont think Foster has ever said that (or anything remotely close to that) in any of his interviews. In my opinion, its bc he does it for individual performance/reasons.
    I respect Blue for that, and am rooting for him. Hes also a humble kid, I like that he is on the team.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Another thing with the Colts is that they lost their best RB probably for the rest of the season. Their run game was already mediocre at best, now it'll be fairly pathetic. Teams should be able to sell out completely against the pass when playing them.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Blue definitely surprised. But one of my buddies reminded me that the Browns have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

5. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I partly understand some of those fans concerns. When Your the first pick of the draft and you are being touted as the next big thing, obviously your going to have high expectations. Maybe if he was a late first, second or maybe third round pick, his progress so far would be frustrating but slightly understandable. But Clowney was the first pick of the draft. You Can't sit there and tell me you honestly expected him to make this little of a difference in his rookie season. Then again, I NEVER thought he would come close to making and L.T., J.J., or Hall Of Fame player type of impact. That's just idiotic. Lets see him consistently dominate in seasons before we crown him with anything. Hell, let him play a full season healthy

Also,Cushing made a pretty solid impact in the Cleveland game. I think he is finally starting to look like his old self when fully healthy. Mike was a beast as well.

6. Remii

Remii Member

But that's what was being sold before he was drafted... Instant all time great. As of now I'm just hoping he doesn't end up being Aaron Curry.

7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Hopefully we can have that same success. I've noticed however, we make T-Rich look A LOT better than he normally does when he plays us.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll take his one TFL. The more he plays, the more of those he'll be getting. I'm a little concerned Mercilus doesn't get to be on the field more. He's just now starting to show some consistency

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This team has shown that they can compete and beat anybody just as easy as lose to anyone. So yes this team could win in IND.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Bradshaw getting injured for the Colts doesn't really change much, in my opinion. Their run game wasn't the problem when we played. It was mainly Hilton getting wide open all over the field for long bombs. We don't have a corner fast enough to keep pace. It'll still be close like last game was, but hopefully, we don't get shocked in the 1st quarter or allow 24 points in one quarter again.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think adjustments will be made.

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Fair enough. Im still excited bc hes only gonna get better the more practice/experience he gets.

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Homer response but nevertheless.. this

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully having a healthy Clowney in the game with a healthy Cushing and Watt will change that. TY Hilton is still the biggest concern, but I'm hoping we'll make the right adjustments to limit him.

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Anyone have video of the 4th quarter hit on Hoyer? My Dallas roommate switched the channel too late while it was on commercial break and I missed the first two plays of that drive. Rep will be given to whoever responds first.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I think Blue's big game was more of a product of how bad Cleveland is against the run... Errybody runs on them. Even Grimes had over 50 yards on 13 carries. I was really impressed with his performance but at this point I still believe he's a J.A.G.

Interesting thing is Jeremy Hill had a big day yesterday too... The LSU boys represented.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The difference between Mallet's play and Keenum's last year was that Mallet did things that he was capable of consistently (Read blitz, call protection etc).

Keenum did great throws in the first half but was terrible at feeling the pressure in the KC game.

Also note that KC played 8-men in the box that entire game so Keenum should do somewhat ok since they were daring him to beat them.

Browns were scared of Mallet's arm so he barely faced any 8-man in the box situations.

I'm interested to see how Mallet does vs teams that are very good vs the run (Baltimore). Can he make the plays needed to win the game? Fitz in those situations sure as hell couldn't.

Next few games expect more of the running game with Mallet to sprinkle the offense with some passes. Baltimore will be the first real test for him.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take a page out of the Belicheat playbook and take it to the Colts in Indy! Quote below courtesy of Bill Barnwell over at Grantland.
    Give them a strong dose of the Foster-Blue 1-2 punch and then don't let Hilton burn you deep. It might be a good game to put two corners (high-low) on him because I don't think our safeties can run with him either.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If the Texans can figure out a way to keep Hilton from continually beating them deep, they have a very good shot at winning.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Schefter had some inside scoop. I love how ESPN dedicates TV time to show him texting.

No I don't, just joshing.