1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some are impressed by Mallett's strong arm and think that all of a sudden the Texans will be passing for 300 yards a game simply because they have a hard thrower. After the first few throws in the dirt and a pick or two I expect things will get more realistic.

2. Buck Turgidson

He may not have looked at the weather report yet.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> signed rookie ILB Max Bullough from <a href="https://twitter.com/MSU_Football">@MSU_Football</a> to the active roster.</p>&mdash; Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoughertyDrew/status/532645036291129344">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, the latest forecast does not look real good. Snow maybe? Clowney won't like that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I love his football instincts, speed is where he's lacking. I hope he gets things together because he could potentially be something fun to watch one day.

6. Buck Turgidson

As best I can tell, he's never played a football game with the temp below 50.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Loved Bullough coming out of school. Was hoping for him to make the roster, actually. I think his instincts can make up for his spped enough for him to be a player.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's barely played one above 50.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop generalizing. I've seen Mallett in person at the high school level and at the college level. Imagine a situation where Drew Bledsoe is never replaced by Tom Brady. Tom doesnt move on and become one of the greatest QB of all time. Earlier this year, would anyone have thought rationally that Austin Davjs and Brian Hoyer were okay QBs? Was anyone beating down Daryl Moreys door to trade for Chandler Parsons the hours after the Rockets drafted him? The point is, you never really know until theyre put into real games. We're 4-5...to make the playoffs we probably have to go 6-1 down the stretch. Who sees that happening with fitz? Time to see what we invested in and look to next years draft.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Doesn't matter what you buy... Records may dictate. And re you really buying Chicago or Minnesota...??? Lol... They're not going to put their top guys on Chicago when they just got ramrod on national television. Don't be silly.

11. Remii

Remii Member

And Cleveland just ran roughshod over Cincinnati... Houston has J.J. who's a commercial star and Foster wins Fantasy leagues. That's why they have big names calling that game...

Minnesota vs Chicago... Lol...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should be pretty obvious that I'm not talking about all....that's what the word "some" suggests which is the very first word of the post you quoted.

There are obviously people who are just going on hope or people who are simply biased because of watching him play in high school or college that give them false expectations.

As for if I see the Texans making the playoffs with Fitz, at this point, no. That's why I'm not against taking a look at the backup guy, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fool myself into thinking that he's something he's not. If you expect him to be the next Brady, you'll just end up disappointed.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Clowney will play and have a good to great game so everyone gets off his back.

Then he can loaf again later and beg out of practices.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what happens, I'm sure certain Texans fans will find a way to stick to their narrative about him.

"Oh, he won DPOY in 2015? Probably just did that so he could take all of 2016 off"

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Am I the only one that thinks mallet sounds unintelligent when he speaks?
    He's only had a few interviews but I'm just not impressed with anything that comes out of his mouth :/

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Cincy could also be a pretender... but the bottom line is this Cleveland team, despite the good record, is very suspect. Vegas still has all the other teams more likely to win the division.

And as far as the other game goes, again Chicago is a huge market.... there were still over 660,000 people tuned into the SNF game in Chicago at the very end, despite the outcome being long decided.

And lastly, I've already said that Harlan is the D team... so we're basically arguing why we're not getting the D team vs. the F team... and that's not really worth the discussion.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's dumber than a bag of hammers, but none of us will care if his football IQ is significantly higher than his regular IQ and he plays well.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Lol agreed
    Is he single? Cuz dumb guys make the best boyfriends

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nothing wrong with hoping for the best. And he might have that potential. We are seen enough balls thrown in the dirt by Fitzpatrick. Lol

20. showa13

showa13 Member

I'm optimistic about this game, I have a feeling Mallet will surprise