1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully he improves massively and play as good as Mallet next week

mikol13 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#CoachBetter DRINK!

Yeah, sounds familiar. Was it the Colts game or maybe Vikings game - "How do you breath life into this offense?" OB: "I have no idea."

Brock's a good teammate, who works hard & is getting better everyday. It's all of us Mark, not just one guy. We have to #coachbetter, #executebetter, #catchbetter, #blockbetter, #runbetter routes, #tacklebetter.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

But Miller still had 11 rushes for 61 yards (5.5 ypc), which is excellent. You cant just always run Lamar outside the tackles...those inside runs help set up his big runs to the outside. We've had back to back good games from Lamar, with this last one being against an elite defense. I'd be less worried about the playcalling than the fact that our QB cant hit a wide open TE in the flat, 10 yards away.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Killing drive after drive by running Lamar Miller up the middle instead of running him outside or throwing him the ball in space is part of the problem. Obviously Osweiler has to be better, but the game plans BOB is coming up with are absolute trash.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't agree with Bobby a lot, but when I do, I hit that like button.

BOB's game plan is absolute trash and I think he is the main reason for Texans struggles not sorry-ass Osweiler

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why can't we have a dedicated offensive coordinator/play caller that's worth a damn and let O'B be head coach? I had the same gripe with Kubes.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

All the best Derek.:( [​IMG]

Texans offensive tackle Derek Newton is traveling back to Houston later Tuesday after remaining in Denver overnight after suffering a horrific set of injuries during a loss Monday night to the Broncos.

Newton tore both patellar tendons when he fell backwards while blocking Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller and have may have sustained additional damage to his knees with a magnetic resonance imaging exam and X-rays to be performed in Houston, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Newton was unable to travel on the Texans' charter flight back to Houston and has been in severe pain. His legs have been immobilized. He can wiggle his toes.

Surgery will eventually be performed to repair the damage with renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews already consulting with Newton. Newton is expected to be in a wheelchair for several weeks before progressing to crutches and then walking within three months as he starts rehabilitating from an injury that has prevented NFL players in the past, including former Chicago Bears wide receiver Wendell Davis and former Cleveland Browns cornerback Gary Baxter, from resuming their careers to full capacity.

Newton faces an uphill fight to ever play again, let alone reach his former playing standard.

"I am not aware of an NFL athlete, who came back to play at a similar level after this injury," said former San Diego Chargers team doctor David Chao, who doesn't treat Newton. "The injury is very rare. It's not a once-a-year injury. This is a once-every five years. This is harder to come back from than a torn ACL. To have two of them is devastating, but, yes, he should be walking in three months. There's a big difference between walking and playing.

"Look how long it took Duane Brown to come back from a torn quadriceps tendon, and this is much more serious. I wouldn't be shocked if there's also a torn ACL involved. I feel bad for the kid. A ruptured patellar tendon is three times worse than an ACL. Guys who tear an ACL like Geno Smith walk off the field. ACL surgeries are arthroscopic. A patellar tendon is an open surgery, a major reattachment. This is a very big deal for him to come back from."

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...fic-injury-10320246.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

8. MystikArkitect

This is why ratings are down. These guys have reached their limit, bodies just can't sustain that weight and abuse. So many injuries that the product suffers.

Hope he has a full recovery and pursues other ventures. Both tendons? Awful.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I wanted to quote someone saying the Texans had no OL plan. It didn't workout but they did have a plan.

Brown coming back from injury.
    X at Lg developing,
    Drafted Martin OC,
    Signed Allen RG,
    Newton entrenched starter rt

10. Buck Turgidson

11. Mashing

Mashing Member

I don't think Osweiler is capable of throwing an accurate ball to the back coming out of the backfield and the screen's they tried to run last night were laughably bad. Won't argue with you about the gameplan though--it's been asstastic.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps he's not, but if they were using their players properly with an intelligent game plan then we wouldn't have that to b**** about and we could blame it all on the QB playing like crap and the defense failing to do their job more often than they do their job.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's almost certainly a career ender. The Texans have to draft 2 OT's this upcoming draft.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So long as your cable package includes ESPN3, all of them have been available for live or on demand stream.

Just be aware though that most games are pretty much over by halftime and the rest of the schedule is lackluster. The playoffs will be interesting to watch though, as will the hopeful title game of SHSU vs NDSU.