1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2016.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know joints and sprains are risky, but I just cannot see how an ankle sprain (high or not) has Nick Martin out for the season... Would be real nice to have him backl...

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Our only chance is screen passes to Miller, Fuller, and the other Miller all day.

3. awc713

awc713 Member

19-13 good guys

glock bossweiler takes the lead at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

we are all witnesses

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Broncos are a loss away from the season getting away from them. The people here are not confident about this team. The offense has been putrid at times and the defense can be beat. The broncos are not in the same class as New England or minny

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Atlanta and SD both exposed Denver's weakness on defense: the second level. Their linebackers can't cover. There should be a heavy dose of CJ in the short and intermediate game along with giving the ball to Lamar in open space. Even Cincinnati with their abysmal running game so far was able to expose Denver in that area. Denver's defense is a shade below Minnesota's, so this should not be a game where the offense was shut down like it was there. Brock will no doubt be looking to get revenge, but that could also mean forcing more passes than he already does, and you can't give this Broncos defense turnovers and/or short fields to work with. Despite the comeback, this offense is still terrible.

Siemian doesn't take many risks; he's been Captain Checkdown. He locks on to his first read and when it's not there, he'll hold the ball for far too long. He tends to overthrow open receivers. I've rarely seen him attempt passes downfield and when he does, it's not pretty. Press coverage should allow Clowney and Mercilus even more time to wreak havoc on their struggling o-line. Broncos' running game has also been stagnant since week 2. I imagine the Texans will stack the box and force Siemian to beat them over the top. Broncos are still a good team, but they aren't NE or Minnesota level of good. It's another primetime game, so I can't trust this team to execute their gameplan. A flat start on the road means the game will be over quick.

Mr. Clutch and BigShasta like this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

Even with KJ out and Kareem/JJ banged up?

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah. Chargers secondary was banged up, but they still had the same gameplan. The Broncos offense is basically establishing the zone run to set up Siemian to dink and dunk, screen, and the occasional play action. Taking away their threat of running is why they've struggled on offense for the past couple of weeks. The Bucs tried the same thing and shut down the run game. It would have worked but Jameis gifted them 14 early points with picks inside their own 30. Other than that, they didn't do much scoring on offense against a porous secondary. If Siemian has a career game like he did against the Bengals, then so be it. It's less likely to happen because that's really the only game where they had a good offensive output. Broncos and Vikings may be built similarly but it's much easier to game plan against the Broncos because Siemian isn't going to be asked to make plays like Bradford. Of course, all this is easier said than done and much will come down to how we can execute because BOB has rarely shown up in big road games.

awc713 likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd have to agree with most of the comments in here so far. Hopefully OB reads clutchfans for game plan tips.

Additionally, I'd have prosch coming down the mountain on von Miller all game long. Someone else is going to have to beat us and we're basically gonna go out of the way to kick his ass. He isn't going to want to turn the corner by the end of the game.

More miller getting outside the tackles, more screens to slow the rush and more blue as the hammer up the middle

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Hold up...he had 100 yards passing thru 3 quarters...spin it however you like, but that's abysmal. You point out two drives thru 3 quarters where he passed for 64 yards, but that means he passed for 30 yards over the course of all the other drives. That cant be categorized as anything but terrible.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. CallMeTheDream

I think having Osweiler gives us a bigger advantage than we realize. I'm sure he still recognizes most of their defensive sets and coverages from practice reps. And a team can only change so much of the playbook in one year(especially Wade's D which is known for degression by the year), so if BOB gives him the green light to audible we SHOULD have a fighting chance.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not sure you don't go with 2 backs to help with blocking with the option of Blue up the gut or a Miller swing pass around the end. Gotta keep them guessing.

RockFanFirst likes this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Those sound like fake names.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  14. vick

vick Member

They will try to knock their buddy Osweiler out of the game and show him he should not have left.I think one way or another that Savage will be playing in the second half of the game. Denver 38 Houston 6.

15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Martin had to have surgery right? I thought the said his recovery would be 12 weeks. That would leave a rookie 4 weeks in December to get acclimated, coming off surgery. Probably best to shelf him.

16. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Lol geez....

I don't think BOTH teams score 38 total. 13-10 TEXANS

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope the refs do a better job with the calls against dirty hits than they did in the Denver Carolina game. Denver is going to take some cheap shots, and it could get ugly if the refs allow the dirty hits like they did on Cam.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Good stuff but BOB has to realize this as well and prepare. Playing against NE and Minnesota, we were not prepared at all and got embarrassed. Hope that's not the case here

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's what I worry about. BOB has been pretty terrible at coming up with game plans that work, he sometimes makes the right adjustments, but the reason the team always starts slow is poor game planning and that really needs to change.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member